484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do all 2011 400's come with ABS?
Thanks
Bill

·
Registered
367 Posts
Yes, that is my understanding. ABS was an option on the 2009s but there were plenty manufactured without. However, on the 2011s and presumably the 2012s, ABS is a standard feature.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
not all the burgmans after 2009 come with ABS, there are different versions depending upon the country, in Italy for example you can get the 400ABS, 400 and the 400S.

Best thing to do, is to ride the bike and test the brakes. dont trust only on the stickers which say ABS.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Good point fernando! I was presuming the OP was asking about US models - we only have 1 offered over here in 2011 and 2012 and no new model in 2010 at all.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Best thing to do, is to ride the bike and test the brakes. dont trust only on the stickers which say ABS.
In the US market for 2013, Suzuki doesn't even put on an "ABS" sticker and the only model available here is the 400A, which is the ABS version. The 2013 doesn't even have a "400" sticker - just "BURGMAN".

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gotta save a buck where ever they can.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
i have great abs......................!!!! Oh..!! Never mind - i got confused.

Attachments

·
Registered
367 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
hahahaha! on another note, I'm curious whether you can install the ABS system in AN400 which it didn't originally come with it. as far as i know they use the same ECU, and will have to install the additional gear only?

anybody knows?

·
Registered
21 Posts
hahahaha! on another note, I'm curious whether you can install the ABS system in AN400 which it didn't originally come with it. as far as i know they use the same ECU, and will have to install the additional gear only?

anybody knows?
Hard to find a price but at this website the ABS control unit alone is over 1500 euros. I suppose you might be able to find a used one for less.

http://www.cmsnl.com/products/hydrsysteem_5561005h00/

But then there's the slotted rings for the both wheels and the speed sensors plus all the wiring required to connect and the brake fluid lines - also, don't forget the ABS light on the dash either. Sounds like an expensive retrofit.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
wow! indeed, thanks for looking into that anyways, i guess i can spend that money on gas and travel for while :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts