Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I am a new b200 owner. Not new to Burgies as i had a b650 previously. Made the mistake of going to a cruiser. Miss my 650 but we have moved to a house with a long gravel driveway that is decidedly unfriendly to unwieldy 650's. So i bought aB200 with 344 kms on it, picked up a week ago. Like it and it is gravel friendly.

That is the history. While a nice scoot it will not reveal its inner beauty to me. I cannot open the seat! It does open as the previous owner did to show me the interior but i did not see how he did it. Interestingly there is no mention of how in the owner's manual.

Now i do see the arrow on the ignition, but no amount of fiddling trips a release. It cannot see any physical lever etc either. So please tell me what i am missing. Hoping for a duh moment.

Thanks. Jbent

·
Registered
125 Posts
From the OFF position, turn the ignition key counterclockwise and the seat should unlatch and pop open.

If not, then there is a latch problem. Let us know, maybe the service manual will have info.

scoot safely,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi thanks. Turned key not pushing in and it worked. Just a little more force on the key did it. Before i was turning and pushing which was what was needed to get at everything else. My Sym had a switch on the handlebars which was much more intuitive. Too many functions on one control. Just like modern cars i guess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts