Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While returning to grand Junction from the Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque on my 400, I spotted what was obviously a motorcycle trailer loaded on a larger trailer at a scenic stop. I got to talking to the owner. Turns out it was his prototype for a line if lightweight, all aluminum trailers which can effectively serve as chase vehicles. Standard equipment includes adjustable air suspension, on-board air compressor, regenerative power supply, gas tank (5-10 gallons, depending on trailer size) with pump and hose long enough to transfer gas to bike while trailer is hooked to the bike, a roll-off storage unit that can be wheeled right down the tailgate, LED lights, swivel hitch, 13 inch wheels with low profile tires, etc. There are also options to choose from. I don't remember the weight, but it was light enough for the 650's. They are pricey but SWEET and from what I could tell, of excellent quality. He said they should be coming off the production line by January. I just had to share, as I thought they would be perfect for distance touring. Here's a link to his site homepage:
http://www.touringproducts.com/Home_Page.html
and one to his photo gallery:
http://www.touringproducts.com/Photo_Galleries.php

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Define pricey?

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
mmmmmm...,,,,

A lot of money money for dubious advantage.

bill Meek tows a pelican on wheels for 10% of that capital cost

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The guy said starting around $4000. The site shows higher. The empty weight of the smaller one is only 120 lbs. It just seemed to be a pretty impressive and complete solution to touring concerns.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
The trailer I have sells on ebay for about $1,000. My dad built one just like it, and based on cost, time and effort, he would have to sell it for about $800. This is much more comlicated so I would have to say close to $1500.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
From their site

Cruiser Small Light Max Payload: 300 lbs. GVWR: 500 lbs. $5,250
Cruiser Small Max Payload: 450 lbs. GVWR: 650 lbs. $6,750
Cruiser Medium Light Max Payload: 300 lbs. GVWR: 500 lbs. $5,500
Cruiser Medium Max Payload: 450 lbs. GVWR: 650 lbs. $7,000
Touring Large Light Max Payload: 400 lbs. GVWR: 600 lbs. $5,750
Touring Large Max Payload: 550 lbs. GVWR: 750 lbs. $7,250
Touring Extra Large Light Max Payload: 400 lbs. GVWR: 600 lbs. $6,000
Touring Extra Large Max Payload: 550 lbs. GVWR: 750 lbs. $7,500

Plus options :roll: :roll:

Bill

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I found the pricing page... Holy Cow....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts