Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys and Gals,

I have ordered Oznium light strips for the front of my 650 Burgie. These lights, as you all know, are low voltage and the amperage draw is measured in mili-amps. So there is no problem when it comes to amperage draw.

I will be running these lights from the auxiliary power socket in the glove compartment. What would be the easiest way for me to run the wiring from the glove box to the front of the bike. I plan to run the lights as "eyebrows" for the existing headlights, almost like a "Halo" look.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for you time and input.

Mike G.
Gilbert, Arizona

·
Registered
748 Posts
I ran a power wire from the license plate light through the bottom hinge area of the glove box for my keyed power. Maybe you could fish a wire through the hinge opening too?

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Since you are not worried about amp overload, you could use piggyback connectors and come off the back of the aux. plug and keep everything under the tupperware. When I added extra lights I used both the aux. plug and the fuse box depending on power loads. I then used wire loom and routed all of it down left side toward the front until it branched out. This allowed me to have a tidy install that looked almost like factory. These included driving lights, European eyebrow position lights above the headlights, converted turn signals to also be running lights, and amber led strip turn signals on the mirrors.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,253 Posts
I agree with JohnK. For low draw stuff like LED lights you can just use piggyback splitters on the back of the aux plug. That is how I powered the two LED lights I mounted on my front fork.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Thank You John K!

Sounds like the way to go. How to I gain access to the rear of the auxiliary power socket?

Once again - appreciate your help.

Mike G. - Gilbert, AZ

·
Premium Member
14,253 Posts
All you need to do is remove the handle bar covers and the top of the dash. That takes about 5 minutes the first time you do it and 2 thereafter. Check LeDude Burgman Center for instructions on how to do that. https://sites.google.com/site/testburgmancenter02/

Edited to add, in his center the dash top is called the Front Panel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts