Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

This may be a long shot, but I was just checking out the message board at http://www.maxiscooters.org, which is a Minnesota based scooter group.
You should check it out if you have not already found it.

Anyway, there is a thread "Low Seat Height- Scooter", in which someone who owns a 400 Burgman, just bought last year, is looking for something with a lower seat height, she hints she might be selling her Burgman.
She has an email icon on her message header.

Might be worth a shot if you're serious about a used Burgman.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks! I'll check it out. I wasn't aware of that site.

I tried to PM you last night but it kept showing an error and wouldn't send. I don't know why that isn't working.

I get this error:
Ran into problems sending Mail. Response: 451 qq exceeds IPW throttling limit (#4.3.0)

DEBUG MODE

Line : 200
File : smtp.php

·
Registered
29 Posts
Brewman, I emailed the person on the maxiscooter site. I'll let you know if they respond. Did you get the attempted PM's?

In looking today all I've found are Silverwings for sale - no Burgmans. No Burgmans at Hitching post.

At Sportwheels: 2003 Honda Silverwing Scooter $5999.00 (They sold the Majesty they had listed.)
In the Star Tribune: 2003 HONDA SILVERWING 600cc scooter, Wineberry, like new. 4 year ext warr, FI, water cooled, AT, 2100 m, $5,500

I think I'd rather have a used Burgman for the same or less money. The hunt continues...

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Keep searching. If I see or hear of anythig, I'll forward you an email.

·
Registered
239 Posts
rs, have you tried Sette Sports in Owatanna? They had a used 650 a month ago. Also, I saw an ad in our local press the other day (Free Press, Mankato) for a used 650. Unfortunately, I don't have the newspaper now. but, if you're interested, I can try to find it again. I think they were asking about $6,200.

Cheers,

Bob

·
Registered
29 Posts
Burger Bob said:
rs, have you tried Sette Sports in Owatanna? They had a used 650 a month ago. Also, I saw an ad in our local press the other day (Free Press, Mankato) for a used 650. Unfortunately, I don't have the newspaper now. but, if you're interested, I can try to find it again. I think they were asking about $6,200.

Cheers,

Bob
Bob, thanks for the leads.
Here's the ad, I found it online:

04 Suzuki 650 cc, Burgman Scooter. 7k, larger size, WS. Throttle lock, new rear tire. $6200/obo

Is that a good price? Is that unusual for a tire to only get 7000 miles on it?

Here's the ad from Sette:
03 AN 650 Burgman 2249mi 2003 $5,695 (It's blue :thumbup: )

Any differences between the 03 and 04 Burgman 650's?

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
rs said:
Any differences between the 03 and 04 Burgman 650's?
Only changes listed by Suzuki were :

2004 Burgman 650 changes
  • California model equipped with catalyst in exhaust to reduce emissions[/*:m:3fpxdos9]
2004 650s did have the plastic rain deflector added to the left hand side near the sidestand. It's a less than $15 part. See :

http://burgmanusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1220

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
RS,

The price is probably negotiable to some degree. Go to the Nada Blue Book for guidance.

Tire life varies. I only got 5300 miles out of my first rear Bridgestone. Got a bit over 8000 miles out of my next rear tire (a Pirelli). A couple of folks have gotten 10k or better. 7,000 mile rear tire life is not abnormal. You can find various discussions on tire life if you search the forums.

Differences between the '03 and '04 models are minimal. There is a rain deflector that diverts road spray from the sidestand. It can be retrofitted to the '03 for under $10. That is probably the most notable difference other than color. Black was available only in 2004. Blue was available in 2003. Silver was available both years.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
When I was out looking for my 650 I saw a couple new old 400s (last month). One was at Lawn and Sport in Duluth, MN. They also had a used SW sitting there. Other 400 was at Hills Sporting Den in Cloquet, 218-879-6211. I remember it having a tempting price, but I can't remember what they were asking. Bought mine from Hills - very nice to deal with.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I actually had my first test ride on that same blue Burgman at Sette Sports! Eric Sette wouldn't do a trade on my VStrom though. He sold the scooter to a guy who buys and sells bikes on a whim. I think it's a good deal and Sette Sports seems like a good dealer.

Cheers,

Bob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts