Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Sunday I went on a group ride (see post in Ride Stories) and met a kid who just got his degree and had a Beautiful Black R6. I say had because he went down today into a guard rail and totaled the bike. He had all the gear on and he did have nice gear...really nice top of the line track approved stuff. He walked away with bruises and a cut. He laid it down to avoid a car and the front of the bike caught the guardrail and threw him. He had his cam running and is sending me the video when he gets it edited. I am sure he is not up to anything right now.
Thankfully he walked away because of the gear and fate.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I still dress for the ride and NOT for the crash and burn......scene!!! Been doing it since 1959....and still blowing out the candles on my birthday cakes...........!!! now coming up to 72 birthdays.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I myself have wrecked many times with and without gear over my 40 years of riding. I competed in Moto X many years ago and crashing goes with the territory. I ate a lot of Georgia red clay too. Yuk too much iron content.
I must say I much prefer wrecking with the gear on as opposed to without. :cool:

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
A few weeks ago there was a segment on the Cincinnati news about a guy who wrecked his bike to avoid a jaywalker. He is now paralyzed. They made sure to mention several times that he wore all the gear, all the time. At the end of the segment they went on to mention ATGATT and show the acronym on the screen. It's a bad way to get the word out, but that is usually how it happens.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I low-sided a couple of years ago. Was wearing helmet, mesh jacket, motorcycle jeans with leather inserts, and 6-inch high motorcycle boots. I walked away from the crash with a lot of bruises, but judging by the damage to my gear, I've avoided a lot of road rash on my right side, damaged toes, and potentially broken ankles, albow, and shoulder.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
glad to hear he's OK.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
ATGATT.....DOES NOT PREVENT - DEATH!!! Why do all the motorcycle police wear short sleeves when riding...????????????

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Yes I'm quite happy with ATGTA

All the gear that's appropriate for the ride.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Yes I'm quite happy with ATGTA

All the gear that's appropriate for the ride.
I agree with you 110%......!!!!!! :headbang:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts