Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Looks like she's wearing a Mennonite hat...Or a Holly Hobbie one.

This was posted on a women's riding board--they got a huge kick out of her wearing a purse over her shoulder, too. I tried to reassure them that not all female scooter riders are daft! (But then, I don't know that I'm a good counter example. LOL)

Bryna

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hey Bill,
The "Construction Zone"---priceless !!!!!!
As Homer Simpson would say "Doh"

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
I still want to know how "Before gassing up" was done without more visable damage to the car.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Thought the same thing at first Rob. Seems if the hit it with the rear of the SUV it'd cave in the rear end. The only way I can see happening it is they caught just the tire.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Ok, so if it caught the tire, they must of been going slow enough to stop the truck. Then punched the gas to crawl over up and on top? ...and then do you not notice your right rear climbing up 2 1/2 feet?

I can't see them hitting that tube fast enough to end up in that position with relatively no damage. (...and I say no damage as I can't see underneath)

Looks like the tread is getting low anyway, they should change the tires while it's up there. :)

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Cheers Biil - too funny!! :lol:
A common caption for these could be:

'These are some of the best things that can happen when you drive and use your cell phone - keep your mind on the task ahead and stay safe!'

·
Registered
209 Posts
Alan said:
"Construction Zone"---priceless !!!!!!
Wonder if she's one of the troopers who covers the section of the PA Turnpike where my dept. provides fire/rescue service. I think we may have dealt with her. :wink:

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Gotta ask, What "AA" as listed in the Police Bikers article?

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
AA= Automobile Association - provides different levels of recovery and breakdown services for an annual premium. One of many such organisations in the UK.

I am a member of the RAC (Royal Automobile Club) which for a fee of around £90 covers me and the family in whichever vehicle we are travelling in (or on!) and will recover, arrange repair and/or transport us to UK destinations. It is expensive but has to be set against the peace of mind to be gained, particularly for the wife and youngsters if they are out driving alone - but also handy if the Burger catches a puncture too!

Also in UK, you are not allowed to carry out roadside repairs on the motorway (interstate?) and must be towed off to a service area - if you do not have the cover outlined above the fee for this can exceed the £90 premium and significantly so at weekends, evenings or public holidays.

I think you have AAA = American Automobile Association - no?!

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Yep. AAA (amongst others) provide the same service here. Just surprised that the government would use a private firm to contract roadside support for their vehicles.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
That sort of problem is rather pressing (setting concrete!!) - I think the idea was to act most expeditiously rather than hang around and wait for whatever 'call off contract' the local police may have had in place.

Actually the police and these recovery patrols have a good working relationship and the police control centre would have just asked (by radio) for the nearest recovery vehicle to attend.

Dave great piccy by the way - thanks (kinda feel for the plod though - must have been ripped to pieces back in the locker room!!)

·
Registered
969 Posts
I feel more for the guy that's digging the cop out. Among other things, you can get some horrible burns from wet concrete.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts