Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

Since changing from working at home to going to an office 7.5 km away and after months of discussion, I have at last made the change!

I sold the "cage" and my Piaggio X8 125, and bought a Burgman 650.
The X8 was OK, cheap to run, good in traffic and the car was no longer in use. The X8 had serious limitations all the same since it felt dangerous on Highway/Freeway stretches, and had a tendancy to follow road craters.

So I picked up the Burgman on Sunday, and it is simply the ideal ride.

I have one small worry, having re-set the counters to zero, the fuel consumption display shows 15L per 100km, which cannot be right, since the first fill up after 80 km was just over 5L, and the last owner said that he had used it a little since his last fill-up.:confused:

Anyone got any ideas?

Austin

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Congratulations on the bike and welcome to BUSA!

What year is the bike? I'd run a couple of tanks before you pass judgment on the fuel consumption calculator. I find it fairly accurate, others don't. A lot of factors can influence it like terrain, tire wear, etc. but it should at least be close.

Fill up, zero the tripometer, run a tank and let us know. :D

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Depending on speed you ride and traffic etc. you should use approx. 5 to 6 litre for 100 km.

Au plaisir,

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Or you've left the power button on, riding aggressively into headwinds :D

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Solved!
In my haste to get going and in trying to get used to new displays, buttons everywhere etc, I had confused L/100 km and Km/L. Dimbo!
As my physics teacher said "it doesn't matter if you do something stupid, as long as you share it"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts