Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I installed a GIVI Windscreen that has been sitting in my garage for months. I bought it from a friend in the forum (a very tall fellow, at 6'5" if my memory serves me right) who had also a SAENG Winglet installed on it.

When I first received it, I immediately took the SAENG Winglet off and installed it on my regular Burgman windscreen (I had to purchase for $25, a new mounting set). I was quite satisfied with the results the SAENG Winglet produced for me as it had reduced the wind noise by greater than half (I am 5'9" with a long torso, so the stock windscreen rises up only to my shoulder blades height). Despite the benefits of the the SAENG Winglet, it did not completely eliminate ALL the windnoise for me.

Since then, for some reason, I think I enjoyed the noise reduction of the winglet so much, that I wanted MORE reduction. I would put my hand OVER the winglet to block any wind making it through onto the top of my helmet and noticed that it was even more quiet.

After many weeks of being busy with other things (some would call it procrastinating!) I took the GIVI Windscreen which I had meant to sell in the first place, and installed it on my bike for the first time last night. Installation was a no-brainer and took about 15min.

I took it for a test ride last night for about 5 miles on surface roads and there is no way I want to go back to the old screen anymore :!: What was Suzuki thinking by producing such a short windscreen :?:

I rode the bike to work today and put it to the test out on the California 405 Freeway, and being early in the morning with no traffic, I brought her up to 90 mph.

Well I never realized how pleasing the ride can be now. In comparison to the stock windscreen, I estimate that the wind noise is reduced by greater than 90%, and I can actually hear the zooming sound of the engine at 90mph. Note that I was using my ARAI helmet, which for me is the best, but it is a NOISY helmet! The New GIVI Screen has DEFINITELY cured that problem too.

An additional postive note is that the GIVI screen is quite stiff and does not easily bend to the wind pressures at high speed, unlike the stock screen.

Negative: The height, rise and angle of the screen is just perfect for me, but I am not too crazy about the curvature in the plastic that provides for the hand protection. I would prefer that its not there, and that the screen just goes straight-up without the hand protections.

Regardless, the amount of PEACE AND QUIET AND NEW ENJOYMENT I get out of this new screen way overwhelms that! I love the bike even more now !

·
Registered
394 Posts
Congrats on the new windscreen.

Givi is one of my favorite aftermarket companies because of the quality of the products they make. I bought larger Givi screens for my Honda Reflex and by Suzuki Burgman and the difference is amazing. Personally, I really like the handguard shields on the Burgie Givi screen. The sheer number of bugs that collect on them during a summer drive makes it well worthwhile in my opinion.

On a related note, I had planned to sell my 'Flex after getting the Burgemeister, so I sold the Givi Reflex screen to a friend and put the stock screen back on. I then road the Reflex around town and found I loved the feel of the short screen for low speed driving. My wife is planning to learn to ride, so we're keeping the little Honda, at least for now.

·
Registered
322 Posts
peace and quiet

Had a question for you or any one else who has put on a larger screen. I have a burgman 400 which had all the same problems [noise / head buffeting /etc ] the ride is 95% better now . Except , I have alot of head and body back-pressure above 40mph now. Its the lesser of all evils but on long cruise it really gets tiring holding yourself back all the time. Anyone notice this? Any solutions other than a windshield vent? I talked with the company that makes the vents for the goldwings but they didnt recommend it for the givi. Givi has never responded to 2 of my e-mails concerning this and a possible fix. I asked this question before but was hoping for more input. Is it a 400 fairing design? thanks eyes5002

·
Super Moderator
8,074 Posts
I put a GIVI on both my 400 & 650. I had back pressure on both but more so with the 400. I think it's because the 650 has space between the windshield and the faring. On some posts I thought some riders did install vents which did help. In all honesty I really don't notice it because I,m usually 2 up, but after awhile you do get used to it. It's still a lot better than the stock one for me being 6'2". Before I thought I was a vacum cleaner for bugs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts