·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
25 Posts
Concerning the MCNews artical:

The picture, which I assume is some version of the 05, shows an added passenger backrest which appears to be a part of the seat rather than seperately mounted as on my 04 400. Does anyone know if that is true?

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
If you look at the URL to the article, it appears to be the 2003 rather than the 2005.

·
Registered
611 Posts
The 650's oddly enough do not come with the passenger backrest as the 400's do. But that is the Suzuki passenger backrest which you purchase and mount yourself. It's not as integrated as the one on the 400 - but it is mounted to the body - ot the seat itself. The Givi seats mount the backrests to the seats.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Jbird said:
Concerning the MCNews artical:

The picture, which I assume is some version of the 05, shows an added passenger backrest which appears to be a part of the seat...
billmeek said:
If you look at the URL to the article, it appears to be the 2003 rather than the 2005.
I think it may not even be a 2003 model in the photos, but a preproduction prototype. The referenced article is about the "introduction" of Suzuki's "new scooter."

The photo of the left-hand controls is different than on my '03 650.

Compare the shot from the MCN article:

with this one from Motorcycle Daily, which is just like mine:

Also the mirror housings looks different to me.

Even the instrument panel is different. Mine looks like this:

while the MCN article shows this (note the wide fuel and temperature quages):

Intersting the subtle changes that crept in from concept vehicle to production model.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Sharp eyes Brian. I had noticed the different left-hand controls, but didn't catch the changes in the dash. Now if I rode a 650 all the time .... :)

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
billmeek said:
Sharp eyes Brian. I had noticed the different left-hand controls, but didn't catch the changes in the dash. Now if I rode a 650 all the time .... :)
I'm surprised I remember. I haven't ridden in three weeks! :cry:

I'm going to try to rectify that tomorrow. Looks like it'll be cold,
but the roads should be bare and dry. 8)

·
Registered
611 Posts
Oh Suzuki - why didn't you stick with the original fuel indicator instead of cutting us down to only 5 bars?!?!?

·
Super Moderator
8,076 Posts
Robert said:
Oh Suzuki - why didn't you stick with the original fuel indicator instead of cutting us down to only 5 bars?!?!?
It probably saved them money (less than a buck times x # of units), that paid for their christmas party.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Back on topic

In response to the original poster, Suzuki Canada has a page where they have links to reviews of their bikes:

http://suzuki.ca/en/bike/reviews.cfm?modelcode=an40&subcategory=scooter

They don't have anything on the 400, but there are three articles on the 650. I know, because I downloaded them and drooled. :love4: Stupid Internet. Made me buy a scooter. :wink:

Simon

·
Registered
605 Posts
Stupid internet and I guess all the praise around this site made me buy two...400 and the 650 (2005). I maybe selling the 400.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts