Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one have any experience with the Arrow muffler? I did a search but didn't find anything recent. I imagine a bit more deeper sound and lighter weight. I've heard one on Youtube but computer speakers only give so much true sound. I haven't even been able to find a decent enough pic to see if it's as ugly as the stock when mounted. A C/L seller has one he wants $249Cdn, complete with adapter pipe and hardware. Shipping charges within my province are $70Cdn; he will send it for $300Cdn. My current US/Cdn exchange rate is 1.33, so $US226.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Haven't made up my mind yet. I'm on the 400 until I get my right shoulder joint replaced, then I might get back on a Valkyrie Tourer. I don't want to put too much $$ in the Burg. Sold the 2011 Versys 650 a month ago rather than watch it sit in the garage. Had it set up just the way I wanted too.... I'm still getting used to the 400's twitchy little wheels. I may take a rainy day and change the front fork oil to see if I can get a better ride. Freaks me out when I hear the center stand tang scrape in a bumpy left hander. Must be a weak spring holding the center stand up as I know I can't be leaned over that far. I'm way too old to be levering or juddering the tires into a ditch - or trees. I digress. I try not to be a chatty old fart, but I see I have failed again. Happy Motoring.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
bcalen, I replaced my left shoulder 18 months ago, walking your fingers up a wall and working with exercise bands will get old but it will be worth it. Good luck, at 6 months you will start feeling pretty good about it and at a year it is behind you. Will always be a little stiff but most joints are as you age. Best wishes on the procedure.

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
I try not to be a chatty old fart, but I see I have failed again.
Where ever two are assembled .....throw open a window.
Stay Chatty my Friend ! 🤣

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
let's see.... I've had a total left shoulder, my right knee replaced, left hand carpal tunnel, both cataracts, cancerous growth off my right lower eyelid, AFib, a MIBI the other day and another colonoscopy next month.... Oh and let's not forget the injections to my lower back. I'm like an old dump truck; they keep replacing parts and I keep hauling.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Any one have any experience with the Arrow muffler? I did a search but didn't find anything recent. I imagine a bit more deeper sound and lighter weight. I've heard one on Youtube but computer speakers only give so much true sound. I haven't even been able to find a decent enough pic to see if it's as ugly as the stock when mounted. A C/L seller has one he wants $249Cdn, complete with adapter pipe and hardware. Shipping charges within my province are $70Cdn; he will send it for $300Cdn. My current US/Cdn exchange rate is 1.33, so $US226.
any luck on that Arrow, I'm trying to get info on Leo Vince, on here, there's never a final answer or solution, as with your question, ended talking about shoulder surgery, please let me know if you had any luck with your exhaust

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Decided to stick with the stock system. No real performance benefit and the sound is immaterial to me. Although an aftermarket system might be a less expensive alternative to replacing with oem. Like all the aftermarket exhaust systems they are useless on the street, mostly noise, like the advertising. It's almost impossible to beat the engineered stock systems for performance unless you go all the way with improving intake air flow and valve timing.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm not looking for noise, just cosmetics and lighter weight than stock, but thanks for the response, aftermarket just looks better, and better for cornering on that side too

·
Registered
23 Posts
Noise whatever it is from an exhaust = Power. Why would anyone want to be shooting power from their engine out the back of a pipe🙄
Peter

·
Administrator
18,401 Posts
That Myth does not = out with Burgmans. You can put in a K&N air filter, a Loud Exhaust pipe and still run the same speeds and get the same gas mileage. It just ends up being obnoxious to most around you.

Reactions: s-steel

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think if my muffler is touching down on the asphalt I am crashing.
I have no idea what peter61 is trying to say.
The main thing aftermarket exhaust systems produce is profits for the manufacturers of such. Or obnoxious noise as Dave_J pointed out. Nuf Sed Bout Dat

·
Registered
93 Posts
I did say, I'm not looking for noise, only cosmetic, just need to know if a remap is needed, that's it, thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
Decided to stick with the stock system. No real performance benefit and the sound is immaterial to me. Although an aftermarket system might be a less expensive alternative to replacing with oem. Like all the aftermarket exhaust systems they are useless on the street, mostly noise, like the advertising. It's almost impossible to beat the engineered stock systems for performance unless you go all the way with improving intake air flow and valve timing.
thanks for the response

1 - 14 of 14 Posts