Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My buddy Shawn was an Army Medic and made this video about everything you should bring and know about First Aide when going on a group ride or touring with a group.
Get a note pad and be ready to learn something you probably didn't know or think about. It taught me a lot of things for sure!
The awe inspiring thing is he did it while riding a newbie pillion/passenger up the Tail of the Dragon.
This was right after I let him know about a downed rider we had in a ride he missed.
http://youtu.be/EFj_sWYOw9Y

PS- Nice views of the Tail of the Dragon throughout.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
My buddy Shawn was an Army Medic and made this video about everything you should bring and know about First Aide when going on a group ride or touring with a group.
Get a note pad and be ready to learn something you probably didn't know or think about. It taught me a lot of things for sure!
The awe inspiring thing is he did it while riding a newbie pillion/passenger up the Tail of the Dragon.
This was right after I let him know about a downed rider we had in a ride he missed.
http://youtu.be/EFj_sWYOw9Y

PS- Nice views of the Tail of the Dragon throughout.
Scootereno, you are doing exactly what I was hoping for when I saw the video of the rider going down. Way to go! Not only are you becoming more informed, you are taking action on that information. As a retired Emergency RN who worked as a EMT prior to becoming an RN, this is exactly what I was trying to achieve by my post. I was not trying to flame, I was trying to get people to think about something important.

Namaste'
Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Just watched the Army Medic video you have posted here. Kudo's to the guy who made this video. He is a lot calmer about the accident video than I was, I kind of freaked when I saw a hand reach out and flop the guys head around. Everyone was lucky, the guy didn't have a broken neck. Things could have gone to crap at that point if the guys neck had been broken. But I do have to agree with him, that things did actually go pretty good for non trained people being at the accident. Someone got his head immobilized, the nurse started doing a evaluation. People encouraged him to continue laying down instead of trying to get him up. So, not too bad for lay people.

I learned something else from the video as well. The idea of keeping someone awake with possible closed head trauma. When I trained as an EMT, we kept them awake. Now the idea is let them go on to sleep. What he says makes perfect sense. I will file that away into my bag of tricks for when (hopefully if) I need that information. Thanks. He also gave me some ideas for changes I am going to make with my trauma jump kit for my motorcycle. Good on ya Dragon Medic. I am no longer an EMT and have moved my RN license to retired status so I don't keep up like I should. Maybe I should take another EMT class too.

Namaste'
Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Tank you so much for posting this video.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Wow! A tremendously good video of the Dragon and a real insight on what to carry onboard your scoot! Thank you for posting that video!
Greg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts