Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $9,001 - $11,000

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to those who participated in the poll.

Due to the "fine print" I am unable to share the pricing information. I received a nice e-mail as a reminder.

Interestingly, ARMEC seems to be following the discussions here on BurgmanUSA.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I'm almost afraid to find out how much it is. Just the prices on the poll are enough to scare me off. :wink:

·
Premium Member
11,295 Posts
I went cheeep! :shock:

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Man! It makes me think of that kookie hi-po side-car racin' thing...

Racing slicks...leathers, racing armour, backwater English roads...all swashbucklin up from one side o da steed to the other. Man - the "pillion" better be pumped! So must be the driver! I'm thinking the bad roads to Goodwood!

No. I haven't cheated and looked ahead! How long will the post go? I might just cave and search! :twisted:

ciao
pete

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
If you have to ask, you can't afford one. They won't even quote a price on their web site. Do a search on this site (enter armec) & you will find two previous discussions about it.
The one price I did find was in Euros & would be about the price of a new 650 Bergman. I can't understand why anyone would pay that much. They even make them for 150 cc scooters. (Does the passenger have to push to start & then run & jump in?)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Strange Way To Do Business

I spent the $25 to find out how much a sidecar would cost for my Burgman 400. What I found out is that it would've cost me as much as a brand new AN650. Granted, their rig is very pretty and sleek, but it's almost twice what I spent for a Texas Sidecar Ranger model.

What I didn't like was being threatened by ARMEC with some unspecified consequence for sharing the price information with anybody. I'm not about to get into a peeing contest with ARMEC, so I'm not going to divulge exact numbers even though I never signed any contract not to tell anybody anything about the info they sent me for my 25 bucks, but I will say it's a hell of a way to do business. Why would you not want help in marketing your product? Your customers can be your best sales people, and straight talk about pricing instills confidence and credibility. Even my phone conversation with their office was not particularly warm.

In my opinion, a business must be willing to stand up to its competition by putting out the best product at the best possible price. To unilaterally demand that your potential customers keep your pricing information out of view of your competion and the public shows an apparent lack of confidence and poor manners. If they had stated that before I sent the $25, I would've kept my money.

·
Registered
30,277 Posts
If I was in the market for a sidecar, I'd do some more research on the Ural sidecars and bikes. The 'Patrol' version has an on-demand sidecar drive. :shock:

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
I ws talking to a GW owner here in Canada recently.
His sidecar cost him over $17,000.00

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Strange Way To Do Business

Chickenman said:
What I didn't like was being threatened by ARMEC with some unspecified consequence for sharing the price information with anybody. I'm not about to get into a peeing contest with ARMEC, ...
I missed the fine print on the quote until it was too late. I received a nice e-mail reminder from ARMEC not to post the numbers. The ARMEC rep is definitely visiting this forum.

I can understand their reasons for charging the $25 for the quote. They want to get serious inquiries only. But, if they think they can stifle the exchange of information, they are in for a big surprise. They seem to be operating in a pre-internet mind-set.

·
Super Moderator
18,092 Posts
About a year ago, I found out a little over $5,000 (US) for one on the 400. With todays exchange rate, I would guess a little under $7,000. (US). Installation, would be additional.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
billmeek said:
If I was in the market for a sidecar, I'd do some more research on the Ural sidecars and bikes. The 'Patrol' version has an on-demand sidecar drive. :shock:
I have been researching the URAL sidecar combinations. From what I understand, the reliability and service has come a long way in the last few years because the company became privately owned rather than state-run. I've read good things about the models produced after 2002.

The prices are definitely reasonable and the design, although dated, has survived, so it must be sound.

The only complaint I heard was about the power of the engine. It's a 750 with 2-valves per head that only makes about 40 hp. That corresponds to a top speed of around 60-65 mph depending on conditions.

G

·
0 Posts
ARMEC must be banking more money selling the information at $25.00 a pop than they are at selling the side cars.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Sounds like they better check there facts, your price quote CAN be shared with the public - you never agreed with there terms, the moment they sent the information they lost all rights to tell what you could or could not do with it.
Like having a eye doctor charge you for an eye exam and then telling you you can't tell anyone-- you would laugh your head off !!!
ARMEC seems to be following the discussions here on BurgmanUSA
-G :) od! if they cut there price by 50% I would not buy from them.

·
Registered
319 Posts
$25.00 for a QUOTE?!?

I'm dumbfounded! Totally Amazed!!
Who do these people think they are to charge for a quote???
IF I was looking for a sidecar, (and I'm NOT!) I'd buy from ANYONE
else but them!

As the great Curly Howard said: "you gotta lotta NOIVE!"

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Bill Seward wrote
I'm dumbfounded! Totally Amazed!!
Who do these people think they are to charge for a quote???
And don't forget according to them you can't tell anyone what is was :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
30,277 Posts
30MuleTeam said:
I have been researching the URAL sidecar combinations.
If you need any info on the Ural, let me know. Monday I was in a little town called Waynesboro about 30 miles from home and noticed a Ural dealer. It's an old beatup building and a sign on the door claimed to be the "Oldest Ural dealer in the USA". Unfortunately they were closed but I was able to see a couple thru the window. I might head over there another day just to check them out. Sounds like a good excuse for another ride. ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts