Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealer quoted me a price w/o the windshield...but all the catalog pictures show the bike with the windshield.

If the windshield is not standard, why can't I find it in the Suzuki accessory list?

Would like to know before I go back to dealer to negotiate.
Thanks.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hmmmm I don't have a Burgman as of yet but I have been here on this forum for a little bit now. Through what I have seen and read I am pretty sure the windshield is stock on a Burgman. I am sure some of those with more knowledge will correct me if I am wrong but in this case I don't think I am.

·
Registered
20 Posts
missing windshield?

When they unboxed my Burgman 650 the windshield did not come attached in place. It did however come in the box with the reflectors and other stuff.
You can get an after market Clearview for apporx $150 US without shipping.

So if the dealer is quoting without windshield I would be cautious and request less than low book resale. Then request an addendum to your sales sheet that states a new after market windshield for cost, plus $5 for his problems, and free install because he would normally have to do this for delivery.

If he complains about this then RUN to another dealer.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Simple answer. YES they are standard both on the 400 and 650

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Sounds like the dealer came up with a way to make some extra money,
if you let him get away with it.
Don't forget to ask if the seat & handgrips are extra. :)

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Hi Peggy and welcome to the forum. Like Eddie said both Burgmans come stock with a windshield. What kind of price quote did he give you? It may help the rest of us to help you in terms of wether or not you are being price gouged. But insist on the windshield.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Peggy, I was just thinking, ask the dealer if he will give you a much larger discount if you forego the engine and wheels too.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Hi Peggy,

Welcome to the forum. It is important that you get the windscreen. It takes enough wind off of your upper body to make the upright seating position on the scooter tolerable at highway speeds. The machine also looks much better with the windshield on. You are entitled to one - they definitely are standard equipment.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what the dealer quoted

allwalk said:
Hi Peggy and welcome to the forum. Like Eddie said both Burgmans come stock with a windshield. What kind of price quote did he give you? It may help the rest of us to help you in terms of wether or not you are being price gouged. But insist on the windshield.
At first he said 4999 (about 5299 with tax, etc.)...and then he said but that's w/o the windshield. I questioned him but he said it doesn't come with the windshield...

I walked away because it didn't sound rght to me but I wasn't sure.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Re: what the dealer quoted

Peggy said:
allwalk said:
At first he said 4999 (about 5299 with tax, etc.)...and then he said but that's w/o the windshield. I questioned him but he said it doesn't come with the windshield...

Sounds to me like you did the right think walking away. Try another dealer for sure.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Re: what the dealer quoted

Peggy said:
...and then he said but that's w/o the windshield. I questioned him but he said it doesn't come with the windshield...

Walking away was the right first step.

Step two is to call his manager, and tell him or her that you are reporting this incident to the BBB (or whatever consummer advocacy group is in your locality).

You were definitely being lied to.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi

Well done for walking away.

But get his name and report him and the dealership to Suzuki (USA). (I am assuming this is a bona fide Suzy dealer).

Or ask to speak to the dealer principle and tell him of your intent and see what transpires - sounds to me he just handed you a mighty fine bargaining chip :lol:

Take care.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Burger 400 windshield

Hi Peggy! I just saw your question regarding The Burger 400 windshield... I'm running into the same problem. I talked to a dealer in Oregon and he said they do not come with windshields. So I posted the question on this forum (having just joined yesterday). I was referred to your question and found it helpful. I'm wondering if we are dealing with the same dealer... Not likely, but the same lowlife tactics! Best wishes, Bob Dorsett

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
This no windshields thing is pure bull$#!+. However, lots of us appear to replace the smallish stock windshields with Givi or Clearview aftermarket products, so after you laugh at the sleazy salesman you might just use the lack of a windshield to argue the price down (it's probably worth about $150 in discount, I'd judge) and order an aftermarket model yourself.

But basically I'd run away from any dealer who is so dishonest in the first instance.

Good luck; you'll love the bike when you get it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I wonder why they don't take the front tire off and call that optional too.

What do they do, leave the windshield off and put on the fairing with the "S" in the middle sans windshield? Seems it might be a bit loose with only two screws holding it, with the clips not really clipped. Or would it clip without the windshield? Hmmm....

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
I would think that the Burgman would look very strange without the windshield. There's no way that a windshield is optional for this bike. Think about it - anybody EVER see one on the street (or for that matter on the showroom floor) without one? I didn't think so. It makes no sense - the configuration of the fairing would make it look pretty strange without the windshield...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts