Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are I think the cheapest cases in the GIVI line up , any one have any experience with them ?

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
That GIVI product on market long long time now, you see many many on all kind of bike, very rugged product.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Whilst I can't comment on these particular cases, I can say I've had Give cases on a couple of bikes, and always found them to be of good quality, waterproof, and lasting.

Only criticism I have is that the red plastic on the end of the keys is very brittle, and can fail.
Fortunately, I had a three box set-up with identical locks, so had six keys. By the time I sold one bike I was down to three, and with the other, down to two, and one broken but serviceable.

I recommend having spares cut. Otherwise excellent luggage.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I have a set of Givi E-41's that have been through a crash with me on my V-Strom. When I bought my Burgman, I transfered them to my Burgman after buying the mounts for them for the Burgamn. My left box was ground down some on the bottom corner from the crash but is still serviceable. Mine have always leaked a little on the left bag if left outside in a heavy downpour with the motorcycle parked overnight. Never have leaked at all (no matter how hard it rains) as long as I am riding the bike. I expect that Givi is the best luggage on the market as long as you are looking at hard bags. They are certainly among the most rugged. Of course, they cost more too. With quality often comes price.

When it came time to buy a new topbox for the Burgman, I looked at the Bestem line and decided that for the price difference I would buy Bestem this time around. Have not regretted that decision yet.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Me break red plastic on 2 GIVI key several year ago, had many many old no longer use key of all kind, welder friend cut off 2/3 of old key and weld on GIVI key, not ever have problem with GIVI key last 3-4 year. Me paint large end of key red with spray can it still look very good.

GIVI Maxia case have much more than 100,000 mile still fit perfect, close perfect, lock perfect, work perfect, never any water in case, it will go on future Burgman also.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Those Givi cases are the E360 model, list price is $252.00 each and sold by us dealers for around $202.00 each. Nice cases, only problem is they will not hold a helmet inside, but can be used either as side cases, or a top tail case. The lowest price Givi cases are the E21's, sold in pairs only and for around $160 if I remember correctly. They are not what I would call attractive and take away from most bikes.

John

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those Givi cases are the E360 model, list price is $252.00 each and sold by us dealers for around $202.00 each. Nice cases, only problem is they will not hold a helmet inside, but can be used either as side cases, or a top tail case. The lowest price Givi cases are the E21's, sold in pairs only and for around $160 if I remember correctly. They are not what I would call attractive and take away from most bikes.

John

A new member that's a GIVI dealer ? How convenient is that , where do I place my super DISCOUNT order ? :p

Let me see I want a complete set of Trekker , 52 top and 33 sides . Then I need a set of side luggage brackets for a Silverwing ( SKU: FHG.7811KH )
All Monokey .

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
A new member that's a GIVI dealer ? How convenient is that , where do I place my super DISCOUNT order ? :p

Let me see I want a complete set of Trekker , 52 top and 33 sides . Then I need a set of side luggage brackets for a Silverwing ( SKU: FHG.7811KH )
All Monokey .
Reaper, I don't think he meant "us dealers", I think he meant "U.S. Dealers." Sorry to burst your bubble.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
220 Posts
Don't get your panties all up in a wad, here they are for $207.00, I missed them by $5.00 the price must have went up over night when congress was sleeping. Don't you use the internet for shopping, or do you pay retail for everything. You will find that Givi dealers will let their dealers have a discounted price, but all dealers will be selling at the same price. http://www.sporttour.com/shopexd.asp?id=2349

John

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Reaper, I don't think he meant "us dealers", I think he meant "U.S. Dealers." Sorry to burst your bubble.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky
Now there you go ruining my day :D

TheReaper!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't get your panties all up in a wad, here they are for $207.00, I missed them by $5.00 the price must have went up over night when congress was sleeping. Don't you use the internet for shopping, or do you pay retail for everything. You will find that Givi dealers will let their dealers have a discounted price, but all dealers will be selling at the same price. http://www.sporttour.com/shopexd.asp?id=2349

John

I saw one today and didn't like it at all , had that cheap Bestum look .

Not for me . :pukeleft:

TheReaper!

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
;) Actually all dealers don't sell them at the same price. The photo of the cases posted is of a E360N. BUSA Members may purchase them via my self at $195.00 each including shipping. However they are not the most popular, probably because they are a bit old fashioned. The E41 followed closely by E21 are at the top of the list world wide for the Burgmans.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
;) Actually all dealers don't sell them at the same price. The photo of the cases posted is of a E360N. BUSA Members may purchase them via my self at $195.00 each including shipping. However they are not the most popular, probably because they are a bit old fashioned. The E41 followed closely by E21 are at the top of the list world wide for the Burgmans.
I do love my E-41's but man on man do they make my Burgman 650 broad in the back. Nevertheless, when traveling on a multi-day trip they can't be beat.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
I'm considering a '13 650. I'll trade my '04 650 but I hate to give up my hard Givi saddlebags cause the Sebastian Mueller mounts on my '04 won't fit the '13 model. Are there any hard saddlebag mounts made for the new 650's?

Don

1 - 14 of 14 Posts