Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife and I are planning on a move from Minnesota to Spring Hill next Fall and I'm curious if I'll be able to find a dealer in the area. Tia

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Scootermikie you'll have no problem finding a Burgman new or used after your move to Spring Hill. The link below is a Google search that will show you there's no shortage of dealers close to Spring Hill. In my opinion your next winter will be much more pleasant than this one has been. This summer enjoy the lack of humidity because next summer will be hot and humid. I like the weather we have and have no plans to ever move but there are people that don't like the heat.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Suzuki+dealers+near+Spring+Hill&rlz=1C1KMOH_enUS565US566&oq=Suzuki+dealers+near+Spring+Hill&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Scootermikie you'll have no problem finding a Burgman new or used after your move to Spring Hill. The link below is a Google search that will show you there's no shortage of dealers close to Spring Hill. In my opinion your next winter will be much more pleasant than this one has been. This summer enjoy the lack of humidity because next summer will be hot and humid. I like the weather we have and have no plans to ever move but there are people that don't like the heat.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Suzuki+dealers+near+Spring+Hill&rlz=1C1KMOH_enUS565US566&oq=Suzuki+dealers+near+Spring+Hill&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8
Yep, I did the exact same search and came up with the same results. I do all my own oil changes, but would like to find a local dealer for tire/brake changes. Also, Minnesota summers can be very humid too. I look at it like this: It might be 5 degrees warmer and a little more humid during summer months, but it's 40-60 degrees warmer in the winter. We'll be able to ride and play golf year round in Florida. Btw, where do you go for tire changes? Tia

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hate to loose you from MN. Getting to be nearly spring, best riding is yet to come.
I have not ridden since November, but will try and get out for a ride Thursday when the temp reaches mid 60's. I'll miss the great scenery and twisty roads in MN as most of FL is like a checkers board with flat, straight roads.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Scootermikie - I'm envious. I'd like to remain in Pennsylvania (lovely here in York County) but get out about January 1st and return in early May. If all goes well that plan will come together in another year or two. I'm liking the Sarasota or a bit south of that.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Scootermikie - I'm envious. I'd like to remain in Pennsylvania (lovely here in York County) but get out about January 1st and return in early May. If all goes well that plan will come together in another year or two. I'm liking the Sarasota or a bit south of that.
Good for you, I'm sure you'll love it. I'll be 62 in May so I guess it's called retirement, but my wife is only 54 so she has to work for about 8 more years and her company has a office just north of Tampa. So, we've narrowed our search to the Spring Hill area. Lots of 55+ gated communities there, but also lots of sink holes, lol.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Yep, I did the exact same search and came up with the same results. I do all my own oil changes, but would like to find a local dealer for tire/brake changes. Also, Minnesota summers can be very humid too. I look at it like this: It might be 5 degrees warmer and a little more humid during summer months, but it's 40-60 degrees warmer in the winter. We'll be able to ride and play golf year round in Florida. Btw, where do you go for tire changes? Tia
I understand 100% what you're saying about the whether, you couldn't pay me to move away from Florida. One thing I disagree with a lot of people is that Florida has no hills or nice curvy roads. Here is a link to a nice ride close to where you plan to live. http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/163/Florida/The-Ozello-Trail-Ride.html
As I said before enjoy your last summer in your home state because it's a lot different here. Like I said above I love it here but it is different. Anyhow that's what vacations are for, taking long rides when the whether is best at your destination. You can find lots of nice day rides local and go up to the Smokey Mountains in the summer and down to Key West in the winter.

For the maintenance on my scooters I use a local Chinese scooter dealer. The owner is a German trained master mechanic. His prices are realistic, you could even say low most of the time. I wouldn't trust any other shop with my scooters. Here is a link to his shop. http://seminolescooters.com/

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I understand 100% what you're saying about the whether, you couldn't pay me to move away from Florida. One thing I disagree with a lot of people is that Florida has no hills or nice curvy roads. Here is a link to a nice ride close to where you plan to live. http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/163/Florida/The-Ozello-Trail-Ride.html
As I said before enjoy your last summer in your home state because it's a lot different here. Like I said above I love it here but it is different. Anyhow that's what vacations are for, taking long rides when the whether is best at your destination. You can find lots of nice day rides local and go up to the Smokey Mountains in the summer and down to Key West in the winter.

For the maintenance on my scooters I use a local Chinese scooter dealer. The owner is a German trained master mechanic. His prices are realistic, you could even say low most of the time. I wouldn't trust any other shop with my scooters. Here is a link to his shop. http://seminolescooters.com/
Thanks, I bookmarked both sites. Seminole Scooters is about 50 miles from Spring Hill....I was hoping to find a dealer a little closer. Oh well, I guess I'm spoiled here in MN. I have 2 Suzuki dealers within 20 miles of my house. A small price to pay to live in year round riding I guess. Thanks again!

·
Registered
158 Posts
"Ride Now" in Ocala sells a variety of motorcycles including Suzuki. They will install for free any tire you buy from them. I recently bought my first Shinko's for my 650 and they ran $170 installed for the pair with balancing beads. I'm picky and it appears that they did a good job. I was there about an hour and a half and it was ready to go. Clean installation with no scratches on the rims, everything tight, they were however a bit underinflated. Easily corrected. On another note, it does get hot here as it does in Ky. where I'm from, however the air is not polluted and water is always close to cool down in. And you can ride year round, although I do tend to abstain during Love Bug season.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Scootermikie there may be someone trustworthy in Spring Hill but I couldn't recommend one. We have a few members in our local scooter club that live up that way and I know a couple of them ride down to have Robert (Seminole Scooters) do their work. I will either ask some of our members that live up there or post the question for a recommend mechanic on our clubs forum. I will let you know if I find an answer for you.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Scootermikie there may be someone trustworthy in Spring Hill but I couldn't recommend one. We have a few members in our local scooter club that live up that way and I know a couple of them ride down to have Robert (Seminole Scooters) do their work. I will either ask some of our members that live up there or post the question for a recommend mechanic on our clubs forum. I will let you know if I find an answer for you.
Maybe someday soon I'll be able to thank you in person, but thanks in the mean time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts