Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
blade45102 said:
I have been noticeing alot of folks have GIVI trunks on there Burgmans. Is there a reason? Is there a brand to look out for? I found a trunk on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 4557477780) but I am cautious of how it mounts. I want something sturdy. What is strongest?
Its all a matter of preference. You see a lot of Givi trunks out there because they were the first (and may still be the only) company to make a mount specific for the Burgmans. Someone else here on this forum has the trunk you pointed out (or something very close to it) that they got on eBay. Can't remember who it was though. Me... I have Fehling backrest/sissy-bar/luggage-rack combo, and with that, I have my choice of whether to even use a trunk.... a 'soft trunk' that is. I have a Kuryakyn GranTour 'trunk' that mounts nicely onto the sissy-bar/luggage-rack combo (even holds a full-face helmet), and I have a TourMaster II that can use. So with me, I have 3 choices: no trunk (the luggage rack with its chrome changes the entire look of the bike), Kurakyn trunk with as much (if not more?) storage than the Givi permanent trunk, or TourMaster II.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Perhaps the best reasons for GIVI are that they are fairly priced, very good quality, multiple choices and have a specific mount. That said, I have the E52NF

·
Registered
367 Posts
Edwljoseph said:
Perhaps the best reasons for GIVI are that they are fairly priced, very good quality, multiple choices and have a specific mount. That said, I have the E52NF
I too have an E52 and have to agree that it is a solid, well made piece that is really easy to use.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I looked at a couple e52s on ebay and it appears that the trunk is removable luggage is this true? What does the mount look like?

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
blade45102 said:
I looked at a couple e52s on ebay and it appears that the trunk is removable luggage is this true? What does the mount look like?
This

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The deluxe silver one is nice but I think I like the hint of descreet that the e52 offers. As for the wonderful picture of the mount, thank you thank you. My only other questions is where to get one?
For as little as possible.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
You might also call sporttour.com at 1-866-761-0936. I recently checked their prices on GIVI trunks and they were a little cheaper than AZ. Plus you actually get to talk to someone.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Wyldman said:
Thought this looked promising, wouldnt mind it my silver 650!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... gory=34284
This is the trunk I have mounted - and i've yet to do a complete review on it. I would not recomend it unless $ is a major driver of your decision. Just my opinion...The silver color may match better than the blue - which didn't match well at all. You also have to build the mounting mechanism...

·
Registered
761 Posts
I have the dark blue version of the VIP trunk. I chose this over the GIVI due to the GIVI's price. Saved $200. But, like what has been said before, you have to make your own mount or modify the GIVI mount.

For myself, I purchased the GIVI mount and had to cut off the mounting tabs that the GIVI cases use to hook themselves onto the mount. I even had to cut off some of the side bolt tabs in order for the case to sit flush on the mount.

If I were to do this again, I would not use the plastic part of the GIVI mount only relying on the main metal plate part of the mount. Drilling the holes into the scooters plastic body part directly over the cycle's mounting holes was not an exact science. Yes, there are marks on the underside of the body piece, but that does not mean it lines up with the frame's mounting holes under the body part.

I love my VIP. I have yet to hook up the wiring as this will take some time that I don't have yet. I love it. But, it took me a while to figure out how to mount the case to the bike since the holes on the case do not line up in any easy way to the GIVI mount.

If you want a fast, easy, and adaptable top case, then go GIVI. It is a more expensive option, but for some it is worth it for plug-n-play operation.

The dark blue of the case is darker than the blue of the bike, but, it is not that noticable.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
going to try the Non GIVI approach in a money saving effort, Ordered the trunk off ebay will have to see if it is any count when it arrives.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts