Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I too ordered a cushion last year and it has worked fine, for a while.

HOWEVER, and here's where it changes - I needed to order a replacement bladder under warranty. It seems that they have been backordered since last year. They are expected to arrive in June or July.

Aqua-aire will NOT, repeat, NOT honor their warranty. Here is a copy of the email I received from them the other day. As you can see, I've asked for a total price on the replacement bladder but alas, they are silent.

(Their message)

----- Original Message -----
To: me
Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2008 11:19 AM
Subject: aqua aire cushion

Hello,

Please be advised that we are currently backordered on the Aqua Aire Cushion and replacement bladders until the end of June or beginning of July.

The manufacture has had some difficulty providing the new product in a timely manner.

We are currently waiting for the "New and Improved" Aqua Aire Cushion and bladders to arrive. They will be easier to fill, and a heavier gage pvc. The material will be of better quality, and have a locking valve/cap. Due to the increase in cost of the materials used, the Aqua Aire Cushions will increase in price once the new units arrive.

Therefore, you have 2 options:

1. We can refund your money, and a credit will be issued to your credit card account, or

2. You can wait for the new product to arrive, and only be charged for the current price (savings of at least $10-$15). An email will be sent once product arrives, and tracking information will be available once the Aqua Aire Cushion has been shipped. Please contact us if shipping details will be changing prior to July 2008.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused, but will assure you that the "New and Improved" Aqua Aire Cushion will be well worth the wait.

Please respond to the email to confirm the option that you have chosen.

Thank you,

Sherry Smith
Owner/Co-inventor
Aqua Aire Cushion

My question is, if they don't have any bladders, how are they selling these things? Kind of makes you wonder, doesn't it - did they just close up shop and go fishing for six months?

(My response)

So in other words, if I need a replacement bladder under warranty, I get to pay for it. Also, will I have to pay for shipping? Please give me a total price for the replacement bladder and shipping under warranty.

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
If I understand the email correctly, they are offering you a full refund on your original purchase price.

If so, that seems like a very reasonable (even generous) offer, and I would conclude that they ARE honoring their warranty.

Craig

Reactions: maccecht

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
CJConrad said:
If I understand the email correctly, they are offering you a full refund on your original purchase price.

If so, that seems like a very reasonable (even generous) offer, and I would conclude that they ARE honoring their warranty.

Craig
I agree. It is probably not the answer you wanted, but they are trying to put you in the same condition you were in previous to the sale. At least they aren't prorating the use you've had on it and offering you only a portion of the original purchase price.

FWIW, have you looked at the Beadrider cushion? It doesn't seem to make sense that a bunch of hard wooden beads would be so comfortable, but they are. And in the summertime when it gets hot, the breeze underneath is very nice.

Chris

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too ordered a cushion last year and it has worked fine, for a while.

HOWEVER, and here's where it changes - I needed to order a replacement bladder under warranty. It seems that they have been backordered since last year. They are expected to arrive in June or July.

Aqua-aire will NOT, repeat, NOT honor their warranty. Here is a copy of the email I received from them the other day. As you can see, I've asked for a total price on the replacement bladder but alas, they are silent.

(Their message)

----- Original Message -----
To: me
Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2008 11:19 AM
Subject: aqua aire cushion

Hello,

Please be advised that we are currently backordered on the Aqua Aire Cushion and replacement bladders until the end of June or beginning of July.

The manufacture has had some difficulty providing the new product in a timely manner.

We are currently waiting for the "New and Improved" Aqua Aire Cushion and bladders to arrive. They will be easier to fill, and a heavier gage pvc. The material will be of better quality, and have a locking valve/cap. Due to the increase in cost of the materials used, the Aqua Aire Cushions will increase in price once the new units arrive.

Therefore, you have 2 options:

1. We can refund your money, and a credit will be issued to your credit card account, or

2. You can wait for the new product to arrive, and only be charged for the current price (savings of at least $10-$15). An email will be sent once product arrives, and tracking information will be available once the Aqua Aire Cushion has been shipped. Please contact us if shipping details will be changing prior to July 2008.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused, but will assure you that the "New and Improved" Aqua Aire Cushion will be well worth the wait.

Please respond to the email to confirm the option that you have chosen.

Thank you,

Sherry Smith
Owner/Co-inventor
Aqua Aire Cushion

My question is, if they don't have any bladders, how are they selling these things? Kind of makes you wonder, doesn't it - did they just close up shop and go fishing for six months?

(My response)

So in other words, if I need a replacement bladder under warranty, I get to pay for it. Also, will I have to pay for shipping? Please give me a total price for the replacement bladder and shipping under warranty.

I Got my large airhawk on eBay for 38 .95
Its comfy!!!

·
Premium Member
3,099 Posts
I Got my large airhawk on eBay for 38 .95
Its comfy!!!
Pictures or your pulling our leg 🤣

You been here a month and this is the first thing you said....stop by the New Member Thread and tell us about yourself and your scooter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.