Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody seen the aprila scarabeo?pretty cool, but can it come close to the performance of the burger.same powertrain as the atlantic 500,anybody have any experience with the atlantic?

·
Registered
85 Posts
The Scarabeo

Yep.. The Aprilla folks had one at the M/C show in Jan. I tried it out, well sat on it ..ect. First off the seat was too high & uncomfortable. And its heavy for a 460 cc bike. Theres no metion of any underseat storage ??.
So they stuck a rather smallish trunk on the back. There's no way to streach your legs out ! NAH...not for me. It may be cheaper but you get what you pay for.... And I'm thinking more & more my Burgman's the best deal on two wheels.

·
Registered
605 Posts
italian scooter

Yep I saw the Italian scooter at the Vancouver show as well. Nice little package with the tot box in the rear...this makes up for the lack of under seat storage and this is because of the larger wheels. Twist n Go did a comprehensive test of the thing but I don't know what was the final outcome.

I liked the fit and finish. The seat looks like it would fit into one's living room. The plastic parts were nicely finished and quite sturdy. I believe its the same engine as the X9 Vespa ..therefore well proven and reliability should not be in question. Apparently its a single cylinder 500 c.c. ...now lets see how well it sells.

Transport Canada is suppose to be dropping alot of the ridiculous scooter vehicle requirements in the next year or so which means many of the models that are seen in Europe may make it here. Good thing because of their fuel efficiency. Timothy

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey thanx guys. no under saet storage? man i love that on my burger. it's amazing how much stuff you can get in there.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
They do have a nice optional storeage bag that fits in front of the rider. (See their web site.) I like what I see but the nearest dealer is about sixty miles from me so that rules that out. (Waaaay too far to go for any maintainance.) Their larger optional windshield looks good as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I rode a Scarabeo in July @ the Laguna Seca bike races. It's the first bigger scooter I have ridden. I liked a lot of things about it except there is no option to downshift when going up a hill, like you can do on a MC. For storage, it's more like a real MC, w/saddlebags & trunk + a soft container between your legs, if you want more room yet. I didn't get to take it on a normal road to see what it was like in the real world. For me, the seat didn't feel real comfortable either, but I've yet ridden another scooter for comparison. :?

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Randy, "I liked a lot of things about it except there is no option to downshift when going up a hill, like you can do on a MC."

On a scooter, you should be able to just open the throttle more going up hill. It will adjust the gear ratio automatically. The only problem I could see is if the hill is very steep and the scooter does not have enough power to accelerate as fast you want too. On a 650 or SW this should not be a concern.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts