Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK folks, sorry for not posting this earlier. Life got crazy for a while and then had computer problems. We had a great time in Fredricksburg last year and doing it again this year. This is just a meet up and ride the area. No fees, no swag, no sticker, patches, etc. We'll just meet up for breakfast and take off for the day. The dates will be 3-5 April. The plan is to ride the Twisted Sisters on Friday the 3rd, some local rides around Fredricksburg Saturday the 4th, and meet for breakfast Sunday and head home. If the weather turns bad, we may swap and do the Sisters Saturday.

Reactions: DarisPakar

·
Super Moderator
871 Posts
That would be an awesome ride. I rode the sisters and the hill county two years ago on my Burgman. There are a lot of places to see and stop around there.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's some of the best riding in Texas. This will be my 5th ride of the sisters. But there are a lot of good rides around the area. I bought a Butler's map last year and have been dieingitching to get back.

·
Super Moderator
871 Posts
I'm interested in doing a ride in that area again. Keep us all posted if you change anything about this. I spent two days in the area and it was not nearly enough to be sure. It's a great place to ride and when I was there, no traffic. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
FYI- anyone going to the April fool's ride in Fredericksburg April 2-5. Be advised that the park roads at ladybird municipal park have been dug up for repaving which won't be completed until August. Office lady told me there are ruts in road and park pickup trucks bounce all over the place when driving there. My wife and I have made reservations at the KOA just East of town. If you want to stay at the KOA tell them you are with the O'Brien group (Michele was first to get reservations there) if you want to be close to us.
Charlie P.

Reactions: DarisPakar

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey folks, I really hate to do this but I'm not going to make it this year. My boss got a new job so I'm stuck filling her position until they hire a new person. And, I'm tagged to be on call in April so I can't leave the local area. I asked the director to "define the local area" and basically I have to be able to report within an hour. This sucks, I've really been looking forward to this, it was one of my best rides last year. And works been rough lately and I need a good ride.

·
Administrator
18,347 Posts
But this, along with many other events may get canceled. I'd advise everyone to keep checking in with the event staff/planners.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts