Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently - finally - bought my ugly butt a smart phone. What I am looking for is a good GPS app and a crash detention app. I was going to go with CRADAR but it tells me its not compatible with my phone?

I am the befuddled owner of a Verizon Samsung Stratosphere phone. It's 4G if that's any help.

I would prefer a free app if possible. :D I am a cheap SOB. :lol: Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Houndguy said:
I recently - finally - bought my ugly butt a smart phone. What I am looking for is a good GPS app and a crash detention app. I was going to go with CRADAR but it tells me its not compatible with my phone?

I am the befuddled owner of a Verizon Samsung Stratosphere phone. It's 4G if that's any help.

I would prefer a free app if possible. :D I am a cheap SOB. :lol: Any ideas?
OMG.....!!!!!!!! You must have a "SMARTASS" TO BE ABLE TO TALK INTO A SMART PHONE...... Mine doesn't talk at all.........WELL - sometimes.. :lol: :lol:

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
Navigon sells GPS's and GPS apps. They are a big name in Europe and were starting to be in the USA till the market crash in Nov 08 when they pulled out of the USA market with GPS devices. They would be worth looking at.

Most of the features you see on today's GPS's were brought out first by Navigon. Reality view, etc. And when they did, they put the features into sub-$200 GPS devices. Because they did and were getting so much market share, Garmin and TomTom followed suit.

After 4 years, my Navigon 2100 Max is still a better GPS than the new Garmin I bought with lots of bells and whistles. With that kind of engineering, I'm sure their phone app would be superior too.

Chris

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
That Navigon iPhone app is really lousy. Navigon is owned now by Garmin and seems to have received their own "magic" (sic!) touch. Paid $29.95, installed the app and tried to get it to route to my son's house 56 miles way. It insisted on a 75 mile route. Mapquest's free navigator app was spot-on. Save your money. This app is JUNKKKK! Wish I could figure out how to get a refund from the Apple App Store.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts