Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if the Tourmaster Cortech luggage would fit on the AN650 and, if so, does it fit well. It's a really nice looking set of saddle and top bags.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that the one with the sort of unusual shape and has matching saddle bags? I believe it comes in blue, red and black?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Post a Picture Please

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
jkrerol, yes it is.

Johnny, I do not have a camera. The pictures are on their web site, but not on a 650.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. Other than the hard case Givi, I believe that's about the best looking I've seen with saddle bags included. I just hope it will all fit a 650 without scratching up the sides. Plus, it's inexspenive relatively speaking.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I purchased the Oxford Sports Saddlebags for my Burgie: http://www.castlesales.com/html/product ... art_indx=3

I like these that they can expand to 55 liters each if needed.

As for scratching, I use a paint mesh against the body, the bags have a anit-scratch material, and with the bungee cords, this bag doesn't move.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Aerostich Paint Mesh: http://www.aerostich.com/riderwearhouse.store

From the website: "After a great trip you wash the bike and There It Is: big, rubbed-right-through the-paint dull area, …right where your pack, straps, and bungees went. ($$$, sh_t.) This anti- slip, padded, cut-to-fit foam covered mesh can save your bike's paint from a thousand abrasions or scratches on your next trip. It’s sadly funny how even the most carefully loaded duffels and soft bags can ‘walk’ due to road and engine vibrations. Place this durable 3/16” thick reinforced pvc mesh between your bags, bungees and bike bodywork for maximum protection and increased load security, no matter how rough the road conditions."

It works real nice in keeping the bags in place.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Thanks guys. I've been thinking that if I ever need to tour 2-up, sidebags might become necessary. Although lockable hardcases have advantages, the soft bags make sense for occasional useage from a cost standpoint. I'd certainly want to protect the paint though if I ever go that route. Somehow I missed that February post.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
pauljo said:
Somehow I missed that February post.
Paul missed a post??? :shock: <shock, horror, gasp> :lol:

·
Registered
13,278 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
pauljo said:
Thanks guys. I've been thinking that if I ever need to tour 2-up, sidebags might become necessary. Although lockable hardcases have advantages, the soft bags make sense for occasional useage from a cost standpoint. I'd certainly want to protect the paint though if I ever go that route. Somehow I missed that February post.
I had the Givi soft bags (model T427 or "Scooter Bags") and returned them. More hassle than advantage. If you're thinking of riding 2 up, forget these bags. My passenger(s) had to hold the grab rails further back than is comfortable because the bags took up the portion of the grab rails where they'd normally hold on to. Also have to unstrap & restrap at least one strap each time you want to get/put something to/from the trunk. They also advise you not to exceed 65 mph with the bags attached...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts