Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title kinda says it all. It seems Skully are introducing high-end electronic-equipped helmets. Cheaper copies/brands may follow, reducing the price to access this sort of technology.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
My good buddy and huge motovlogger on YouTube ChaseonTwoWheels went out to San fran to test them. I was invited but couldn't clear my work schedule. He really liked the helmet's technology a lot and was impressed with it. The helmet itself he thought was a speed and strength clone and felt it was just ok.
He agreed with me that a high tech helmet should include a high tech shell too. Especially for that kind of money. I got to see his raw footage he shot while there and It was very interesting but not too revealing.
My biggest concern is the fit and quality of the shell and that every 5 year you would be replacing a very high dollar Tech helmet.
The Nuviz HUD however does everything the Skully does except the rearview camera and can be put on any of your favorite, good fitting helmets you already own.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
My buddy paid ten grand for a helmet!
At a benefit for his friend and teammate, after his plane went down. : (

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Good opinion from a friend of mine and ChaseOnTwoWheels that got to Beta test it. Notice that they would not let anyone ride with the helmet. It still does not have the approval for US operation from the DOT.
http://youtu.be/Kq5VDuhYA0Y

1 - 5 of 5 Posts