Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently, my topper's a relatively small 38L box by Bestem. I had it laying around so I put it on my 400 on a whim. It works, but it's not large enough to close shut w/ just my Arai full face in there. I have a 48L box on my 650 that will fit one full face, but for two full face helmets, I have to turn them sideways. I don't like that b/c I am also using the Sena comms and don't want the comms that's attached to the side of the helmet to get all scratched up and the dial knobs ruined. I'm thinking that 55L Givi E55 box should swallow up two full face helmets sitting up right. Correct?

What I'm concerned about is its weight with respect to its height and position behind the rear axle. Since this E55 Givi is a heavy duty top box, not to mention it's Givi's largest, it is going to be on the very heavy side. Is this going to be too large for the 400? Will the weight of it being at the back end affect handling, braking, etc,or is this weight a non issue?

ANy insight from owners of the e55 on their 400 is much appreciated.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have had the e55 on my 650 for about 3 months. Love it!. I don't think the weight would really be an issue for your 400 unless you filled it with rocks. The only thing I would have changed is buying the unit with the light kit installed. Its' a nice design, but like most others, mine is beginning to have contact problems. I'm probably going to invest in an Admore light kit. I could have saved myself the cost of the Givi light kit.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I'm not sure...but if you ship me a 55L Givi and all mounting hardware, I would be happy to install it on my 400 and report the results! :)

(Yeah, didn't think that would work...)

Seriously: if you want to sell the current box, please PM me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts