Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
20,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A member on a reverse trike forum posted some pictures of his trike. He is a craftsman in the design. The body may need a bit of work for some.

Yep, Burgman 400 power.

Dash 1.jpg

Alex's Crossbow.jpg

Right side 1.jpg

Rear 1.jpg

Cooling and suspension 1.jpg

Seat 1.jpg

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
pre 07 based on the instrument panel face
Agreed
K3-6 dash with brit conformity speedo face earlier were more more compact.
says an400 on back :)

Works nicely in that single seat cockpit.
Euro faced version shown below

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I actually prefer the clean, white on black, easy to read analogue look of the pre-2006 AN400 dashes compared to the later gen's looks. I find our red on black 2016's dash to be more busy looking and harder to read.

Reactions: JRoss

·
Premium Member
4,075 Posts
At least with the analog dash you could use a GPS to see true speed and make reminder marks for speed zones. Eliminate the constant mental equation of add 10% BS.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
If they provided info on the inboard suspension/stearing in their post somebody could save themselves quite a bit of time.

·
Administrator
20,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The new norm is to do 'Formula 1' type suspension up front with inboard coil-over shocks. 99% for looks.

I am trying to contact the owner for more info and pictures.

Yes, I think its a 2005 AN400. So 385cc and unknown if any clutch or vaiator mods. I'd do one with a 2008 up AN400.

This was a home build as there are no kits out there for Burgman power. The MEV Exo-Eco was the only kit sold but is discontinued.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Pushrod suspension is compact/low drag but it can be a bear on rough roads compared to smooth tracks - as I’m sure you already know.
I built a pull rod that I used as regular commute and between sites but it used leading arm and panhard rod instead of wishbones so the roll was very different.

I also forgot to bolt down the steering rack so getting airborne over a bridge on the first test drive was...interesting :)

Handy if they have sorted the values and/or found something off the shelf easily converted - or even “ don’t do what I did”.

To say he/she completely avoided compound curves it not all that bad :)

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Maybe duct behind the radiator and then the nose could be shortened quite a bit.
(I vented mine with mock exhaust stubs like a Spitfire nose)

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
My faux exhaust stubs were 135 deg. drainpipe elbows filed to shape and pointing aft. (2.5” internal? With large bosses)
On the reverse they were boxed with a flaps. One to direct warm air into the cockpit and one to limit flow through the radiator for cold starting/running.

I don’t think I fooled anybody that there was a merlin in there (though many asked what was) but it looked pretty good and was practical. Only the first 3 carried air, the others were pure vanity.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts