Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you know I make T Shirts as a hobby/biz, something I got into from another group I belong to. DJ got into making bags the same way.

My question is, is anyone here making things for the group ?

I know I'd like some leg shields to put on the scoot in the winter to keep the cold air from my legs. I have a Silver Wing key chain from DJ - sure would like a Burgman 650 one.

I'm sure there are some other items that people would like as well.

Anyone out there handy, or own a biz or willing to put in the time to get some stuff made ? Or maybe, I'm the only one interested.

If anyone has an interest, I can tell you this, over the years I've lost money in the T Shirt Biz, however, I have people all over this country wearing my stuff and even some in Europe. I get a kick out of that. Also, there's nothing like meeting someone at a place like Americade or Deals Gap and having him/her say "Oh, you're Doc. I have a couple of your shirts!" Making friends like that is worth a more than the money.

You'll have a lot of fun so, if you have any skill or contacts, get going! LOL

Ride Safe

·
Registered
728 Posts
Hi Doc,
I'm looking for something that can be mounted on the outer edge, folllwing the contour of the "floorboards" so to speak, something that will deflect rain and wind from the riders legs. I'm tlaking about from below the turn signal/rear view mirror, the part of the bike that slopes almost straight down.
If you ever see something like that , that will work on a burgman, let me/us know.

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wilder days said:
Hi Doc,
I'm looking for something that can be mounted on the outer edge, folllwing the contour of the "floorboards" so to speak, something that will deflect rain and wind from the riders legs..
Yup, that's what I want too.

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
seatec said:
A few have been interested in my new hump bag, so as of today I am making one to see how long it takes and will have it for sale. Wayne
Personally I'm not into hump bags (sold the one I got from DJ on my Silver Wing) but I know plenty of people who are. I like to step thru and the hump bag prevents that. Please keep us advised on your progress.

I personally like a little bag I have hanging from my SWing handlebars. I'll move it to B'Man I'm sure, It's very handy but lets me step thru.

Ride safe

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just thought of something else I'd sure like -- hippo hands for the B'Man.

Anyone out there sew or have a SO who sews and would whip some up for us ??

Ride Safe

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
billmeek said:
JerseyBiker said:
Just thought of something else I'd sure like -- hippo hands for the B'Man.
See :

http://burgmanusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2982
Bill - The point of this topic was asking if someone here was making things for the group. I know you can buy generic stuff, Hippo Hands, Bags and whatever but I'm hoping some people might be willing to make custom stuff, made just for the B'Man so it fits properly.

Ride Safe

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Nobody in the USA is making custom Hippo Hands that I'm aware of. You can get them made for the Burgman across the pond like :

http://www.bagster.com/en/moto/catalogu ... _moto=3073

[email protected] makes tank bags for the Burgman.

Building this kinda stuff is somewhat of an art form. Getting ot to fit just right takes some time and effort. Any place that recovers bike seats could probably make it for you if you were willing to spend the money. Like your t-shirts, to make them inexpensive you'd have to be doing it for more than just to make money.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Jac Vinson has his buttstop to backrest conversion, glovebox liners, and turn signal beeper kits for the Burgmans. I think he also has a trailer hitch. Last I heard, he was still working on a hump bag type product designed to house a stereo music system. He is a forum member. Been quiet lately though.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Wayne,
If you don't already have a buyer for that hump bag, I'll be happy to send you some money now so that you can buy the raw materials and get some minimal compensation for your time. Once you are done I could send the remainder. Let me know if you would consider such an arrangement.

Madonna

·
Registered
63 Posts
Doc,

This is an original Suzuki accessory which I got from the Official Swiss Suzuki importer. Cost was around 60 $ if I remember right. IMO not too much for the excellent efficiency.

The thing is (I think a member of this board mentionned already) that this accessory, among many others, officially isn't available in the US so you would have to import yourself (which is no big deal, I do it myself frequently)

There are some more pictures in the gallery (see link below)

Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
Thanks for the positive feed back about my S I Console, just changed the name, i dont like hump bag for a name. No need to send money Madonna, until i have one ready to send you. I hope to have some photos of my new design up sunday evening. The one I made for my self was from fiberglass , which was a lot of work. This one is 1/4 birch ply on sides and 1/2 birch ply for braces, top and bottem, etc, so a little less room than mine. I will have size of 2 storage areas when I finish and posted with photos. It will have vinyl coverning and will look idencial to the one I have in gallery. Back to work to get pieces to fit. Wayne

·
Registered
728 Posts
Burgyboy,
Could you post the info on where to get the wind wings you have? Either the URL, if they have one, or how ever you got in touch with them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I make billet aluminum barends out of 6061 aluminum and chrome them. They look much better than stock and I can make the to fit any scooter besides our Bugers. They also stay put better than stock. Bill

1 - 20 of 28 Posts