Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious, has anyone here removed the lower left side panel, (the cvt cover) on their bike and just left it off? I'm thinking of cutting the panel after the passenger footrest leaving just enough so I can access the 2 fluid change locations and not have to remove anything. I'm thinking I would get the cvt cover painted body color or some other complimentary color. I broke my current panel taking it off and have to get a new one anyway and thought what if?

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
yup, it's a full dress bike , but after replacing my belt, I left off/broke so much tupperware, she's jus wearin a tank top and thong now

·
Super Moderator
12,521 Posts
Was a guy some years back who drilled holes in the plastic in opportune places and put in black plastic plugs of the appropriate size to cover 'em when riding. I've seen that sort of thing on a couple other scoots as well, & was pondering it for my Kymco before I decided to sell it (One bolt was blocked & had to pull most the body plastic to get at it if checking the belt...)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Since you have nothing to loose with the original panel, perhaps you could repair/patch it back together, reshaping it as desired.
I trimmed the panel on my ChinaScoot for the same purpose; in that case, however, I was only shaving about an inch off the back end ... nothing drastic.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Was a guy some years back who drilled holes in the plastic in opportune places and put in black plastic plugs of the appropriate size to cover 'em when riding. I've seen that sort of thing on a couple other scoots as well, & was pondering it for my Kymco before I decided to sell it (One bolt was blocked & had to pull most the body plastic to get at it if checking the belt...)
Yes Tromper, I drilled a hole inline with the plug where the oil level is checked and then I covered it with a black grommet and it is done neatly. I then pump the oil into that hole with a little hand held pump. I know how many times to refill the little pump (Home Depot) so I would know when the oil is about to come out that hole and then I remove the pipe and put the bolt into the hole again. You can remove the plug bolt from underneath. It is easy simple and time saver.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts