Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Started out on a 2004 Burgman 400 and it handled my first 1500 mile (round trip - mostly superslab riding) with no issues. In fact, it exceeded my expectations and I was pretty impressed with how it performed for a thumper.

After a few years, I wanted a little more performance umph so I bought a 2005 Honda Silverwing. IMO, the SWing fits somewhere between the 400 and 650 Burgmans (yes I have ridden and am familiar with the 650's). The SWing's got plenty of power, lots of storage space and functionality without the Burgman 650's heft and girth which does suit longer, superslab riding.

I've been very happy with my choice. I am a taller, strong person and the SWing is plenty flickable enough for city riding and the twisties yet solid enough for superslab and secondary road cruising. Ergonomically, it is less comfortable, FOR ME, than our 2016 Burgman 400 is. The AN400 fits me like a glove and I really feel I'm "in it" vs, "on it" like I do with the SWing which even has a Corbin seat (doesn't help the seating ergonomics much for me) and that is my biggest comfort complaint.

For the record, I do about 50% urban, 45% secondary rural roads and 5% superslab roads plus the occasional gravel road.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts