Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my search for the ultimate riding pants, I came across the Air Mesh
Kevlar Pant http://www.motoport.com/

Does anyone have any experience with this company and/or this product?

I was in search of something that would be cool to wear in the heat,
was easy to get off an on, and that also had some type of optional
liner when cooler out.

These are very expensive and I'm told can be further customized with
additional air vents and other things. See review at:

http://www.motorcyclegearreview.com/pro ... s&catname=\
Textile

I recently purchased these from my local dealer and am still getting
used to them.
http://fieldsheer.com/catalog/product_i ... ucts_id=35

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
seatec said:
I still have a pair of draggon Jeans 38 for sale :wink:
What length?

·
Registered
239 Posts
seatec said:
Too big, I had to get size 36 :cry:
Just a thought. If you plan to ride during the winter you could use the size 38 to layer "long johns" etc. under them.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I was looking for something with some actual protection. Those draggin jeans aren't really going to do much, should you need them.

A little of their material in the knee and butt doesn't make a pair of riding pants.

This is without a doubt the most overlooked areas of protection in my opinion.

We all seem to get the Joe rocket or other jacket on but neglect giving our lower body similar protection.

I'll admit that I've not worn my new pants as much with the heat, but I haven't really been on a longer rides lately either.

I'm waiting for the heat, and the rain lately to go away.

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
I agree should be more protection in them, I bought them with the idea of adding the hip and knee pads to them, and looking for a good resourse for them if any ones knows. Was looking at memory foam, it is soft, but deflates slower when it is hit hard, just tried a pillow i have here, some are using it for protection on jackets and pants. Was going to try wet suit rubber , just looking for ideas. Good idea wear 2 pair Draggon Jeans when weather gets cold, Ill have to try them both on , will look like Michelon Man :wink:

·
Registered
239 Posts
csachs1 said:
Yeah, I was looking for something with some actual protection. Those draggin jeans aren't really going to do much, should you need them.

A little of their material in the knee and butt doesn't make a pair of riding pants.

This is without a doubt the most overlooked areas of protection in my opinion.

We all seem to get the Joe rocket or other jacket on but neglect giving our lower body similar protection.

I'll admit that I've not worn my new pants as much with the heat, but I haven't really been on a longer rides lately either.

I'm waiting for the heat, and the rain lately to go away.
Did you get the optional knee armor for the Draggin' Jeans?

I also have these on order which you might prefer.
http://www.newenough.com/firstgear_ht_o ... s_page.htm

BTW Someone said "If it's too hot to wear protection, it's too hot to ride". I buy into that 100%.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a pair of firstgear mesh pants that I got from newenough.com. They have great ventelation, and can be worn very comfortably over a pair of soccer-type shorts. They're cooler than jeans, and supposedly more resistant to tearing than denim.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've since done some riding with these and they are working well.

It is tough to find something for hot weather that is breathable, has knee and hip armor protection and is relatively easy to get on and off.

I chose these because they were a much better fit, had much more substantial knee padding and also had hip padding over the Joe Rocket Phoenix pants.

Plus they were $30 cheaper.

http://fieldsheer.com/catalog/product_i ... ucts_id=35

·
Registered
320 Posts
<<Anyone have any comment on pants?>>

Yeah, wear 'em when you ride! :D

Can't believe none of you wiseacres didn't think of this sooner! :wink:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Vanson Pants

I have a 2 peice Vanson mesh/summmer riding suit. The pants are cool in the hot S Texas summer. With thermal underwear and insulated pants under the mesh riding pants I have been comforatable in temperatures in the low 40s. The knee armor does press on my knees. It is not uncomfortable but it is noticable. The jacket gets hot after the temperature gets up to 80+. I believe Vanson only sells one non leather riding suit. Overall I am very pleased with the riding suit and feel well protected while riding.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Invincsum said:

Yeah, wear 'em when you ride!
Urrmm.... do we 'have to'? :booty:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Invincsum said: