Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
September in Asheville, NC Kymco is sponsoring a scooter rally.
Anyone Planning on going?
http://kymcousa.com/rally/about.html
Sounds like fun, and I might go, but $45 for a sponsored rally seems a bit high. ...

... Until I looked again and saw that it includes at least 4 meals. Hmm, not bad.

Does this conflict with Mentone this year? Will there be a Mentone rally this year?

·
Registered
203 Posts
For $45 you get a guided Biltmore tour. Normal price is 44 to 59 per person.
Plus some swag - tshirt, patch, etc

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Last year it did not sound too positive for the Mentone ride. Since it is already August and no word yet, it does not look likely.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Kymco is good for sponsoring any scooter rally, not just their own. If you ever put a rally together you definitely should contact Kymco. Our local scooter club held a rally two years in a row and Kymco supplied gifts, decorations and money both years. They really want to get their name out there and help build up the scooter community. We are lucky to have a local scooter shop that started out as a bicycle shop in 1972 and eventually added Buddy and Kymco scooters to their lineup. So locally people who like smaller scooters have a good option in between Japanese quality and cheap Chinese stuff. I believe Buddy and Kymco are both Taiwanese scooters, which seem to to be better quality than most Chinese scooters.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am riding though on Sunday at the very least but hoping to get up their Friday night/Saturday morning if I can swing it.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I checked and saw the link was removed. I found it odd as it appeared they were setting up a rally based on current events going on in the area, and not a rally that they were paying for completely. Maybe they should find some riders and get a little help with the planning. I was just thru there and it is a great place for riding and lots of activities.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts