Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered an MRA X-creen spoiler for my Burgman that has a 28" Clearview screen installed. I bought an HJC modular and the wind at the top of the shield is causing too much noise for my liking even with ear plugs. I looked into ordering an XL or XXL but just more money than I wish to spend. After a lot of internet searching I found three possible options and decided on the MRA X-creen with clamp-on mounting. Just wondering if anyone here has done the same???

Thanks for the read.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, I got my MRA X-creen yesterday and mounted it last night. Rode with it today.
First the parts came from Twisted throttle and the service was top notch. I phone ordered on Tuesday and parts arrived on Thursday just like they said it would.

Instructions: Well lets just say they lost a little in translation, BUT the pictures provided all the help I really needed to assemble the screen. Materials and construction were very high quality and everything fit as expected. I took some time fitting checking the clearences and things really went together nicely.

I choose the clamp on version because I was skeptical about the spoiler and it's effectiveness, also didn't want to risk the shield, I planned to resell it and buy a larger one if this didn't work.

I recommend you have a helper if your so lucky to help hold and align the spoiler, the extra hands allow the clamps to be fitted and tightened to the shield and maintain alignment. Note: I measured and marked locations using a felt tip marker, after fittung I went to use windscreen cleaner and the marks wouldn't budge so I tried the trusty Lemon Pledge and bingo, marks gone.

One of the neat benefits to this spoiler is the ease of adjustment. A couple of nifty finger lever/clasps and the spoiler adjusts up and down and the angle of attack. I set mine with about an inch and a half showing above the windscreen and I matched the angle to that of the windscreen.

I got to test ride this set up this evening and its every thing I hoped. As I mentioned in my original post I have a new modular HJC, their lastest version. In the air stream its a lousy noisy bi**h. I rode a long (300mile) trip with ear plugs and the wind noise and ear plugs gave me a headache at the end of the day. Well I'm hear to tell you the the wind blast has been moved to the very top of the helmet just inline with the cooling vent, and the noise is all but gone. I rode sans ear plugs and it was a quiet smooth ride.

Summary: Before spending a couple of hundred for a new windscreen, give a shot to this spoiler from MRA. It was less than half the price of a new clearview which is the first option I considered and was quick and easy to install with all the right effects. Just one man's opinion but I couldn't be more pleased, plus I don't have to get a new helmet so I saved twice and I do like the modular concept and I'm glad I don't have to give it up. :thumbup: :thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts