Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

Im almost arriving to 600 mile (1000 kms) and im not shure if gave that job away or doit my self.

Do anybody have service manual to borrow?

Cya

RS

·
Registered
832 Posts
Tom,
I wouldn't own a Burg without the printed manual.I paid $50.My cousin a 30yr cycle mechanic used the manual somewhat for my 600.Even with that it was a tough go.

·
Registered
350 Posts
My son and I were able to do our own 600 mile service on both our 650's with the service manual. Piece of cake and we aren't cycle mechanics. Saved lots of money. Well worth the $40 we spent for the manual. Ordered it off the internet. I'll have my son get me the link and post it for you if someone else doesn't already have it.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
AN650 Manual

Here is the link: eBay AN 650 Service Manual $38.00 plus shipping. Seller has 100% positive feedback.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Thanks ScubaGirl. Saved me looking it up.

TomRider, you will notice on that manual it says 2003-2004 AN650K but I haven't found anything different on the 05 model. From past posts in this forum, there isn't an 05 manual available and everyone seems to agree that this one is all you need. I'm sure there are some differences in the 05 bike, but probably not in anything you will be tinkering with. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
There is an 05 supplement available for the service manual. It has re done engine specs, and certain procedures and diagrams are different.
I don't think that for 600 mile service, it matters, but that's just from first glance. I'd spend the extra few bucks to get the current info on the 2005's myself.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Brewman said:
There is an 05 supplement available for the service manual. It has re done engine specs, and certain procedures and diagrams are different.
Brewman, I can't find anything about that 05 Supplement. Do you have a link or something?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Brewman, thanks. I went to their web site and tried to do a search on that part number and came up empty. I emailed them for help.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Interesting. I just tested the link again, and was able to pull up that part number. From the first page, click on Dealer Services, then Parts Finder.
Find the search by part # box, switch to Suzuki, enter the part #, and up she comes. Price is $7.71, by the way.

Did you by chance have Yamaha in the brand field on the search box?
I've done that more than once.
That'd cause a no find.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Brewman, you're exactly right. I did somehow have Yamaha in there. It worked this time. Thanks much

·
Registered
350 Posts
Brewman, I just ordered that supplement from the web link you gave me. Price $7.71. I ordered it and during the checkout no mention was made of shipping charge. Total was $7.71. A few minutes ago I got an email confirmation of my order and charged me nearly $13 shipping on a $7.71 cent paper supplement. I sent a reply to their email to immediately cancel the order.

Have you ordered from them in the past? Is their shipping charge always so high?

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
I've never ordered from them, I usually go thru Oneida Suzuki for my online purchases.
But crotchrocket.com has a better parts search engine, so I use it to find a part number, then search for the part on Oneida's website.

From what I've observed on the stuff I've ordered, Oneida is a bit higher priced than crotchrocket- not by much, but a little higher. I think Oneida wants $9.99 for that supplement. But I ordered the main service manual, the supplement, and a couple parts from them all at once. Total of the order was maybe $160 and shipping was about $12.00.

I get small stuff locally, or by combining smaller purchase to get a better return on the shipping charges.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Shipping

I've order from them several times and not been over charged for shipping. May be a glitch. I would call them tomorrow. They were pretty helpful.

Dee

·
Registered
350 Posts
I did call them. Their minimum shipping is $12.50 regardless of how small your order is. I'll try to find that supplement elsewhere.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts