Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Burgman 400 earlier this year so that I could continue riding (despite health issues with my back), and feel guilty at times about not taking my wife along with me.

She wants to ride with me, but doesn't feel secure as a passenger on two wheels, and so I was wondering if a trike conversion is available for the 400 Burgman. Our rides would be mostly under 200 miles round-trip...no long-distance touring.

Any help or advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

--Andy

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I went to Tow-Pac's website, and they have a model conversion called the "Insta Trike B". It doesn't say whether its just two extra wheels (making 4 total), or a true 3-wheeled conversion.

From its "easy bolt-on" design, I'm guessing it's a 4 wheeled version.

The pricing's not real bad, but I'd really like to hear anybody's feedback on how the conversion works on the road (good and bad points).

Thanks again Dallas.

--Andy

·
Registered
32 Posts
Andy, you are correct, it is a 4 wheel conversion. Looks great with color matched fenders to the bike.
One big advantage is it is easily removed to convert back to 2 wheels. If you ever want to sell it will sell much faster as a bike than a trike due to much more demand for bikes. My wife put many happy miles on her's with no problems.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Another member of BUSA did a TowPak conversion for his mother's 400. She's had good luck with it, but alignment is critical .. the original install wasn't done correctly, and resulted in premature tire wear on the extra wheels.

I've seen it done on a 400, on a Silver Wing, on a Kymco Grand Vista, and all riders seemed satisfied with the results.

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
I have the Danson. It recently broke but my bike guy said that was mainly because of incomplete installation. He beefed it up so that it hopefully wont break again. Todd at Danson is a great guy to work with.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
My 2008 400 has been triked due to medical reasons. I absolutely love it! I bought a towpac that someone on this site wanted to sell. It is actually 4 wheels. The people at Tow-Pac are a wealth of information so use them. I know there are a lot of people who say that triked biked are just like a cage. They're not. I've had a ton of people come up and ask me about mine including Harley and Goldwing owners. My son actually has a softtail and loves taking mine for a spin around town.

Do whatever you need to do to be able to keep riding as long as you want to.

N

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
A a friend of mine had an '07 400 with a a trike kit added. She hated it as it lost a whole lot of power due to the extra weight and fourth wheel. When she couldn't keep up with us leaving a stop sign or going up a long hill, she traded it in on a new roadster-model Spyder and loves it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts