Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey - I live in Ohio and found a 650 on Cycle Trader I would like to get. If I buy it, I'll do it over the internet and immediately have it shipped to Florida to have trike wheels put on it - so I'll never see it until I fly to Florida to drive it back.

I was wondering if there is anybody in this forum that would be willing to check it out for me. Just make sure it starts, maybe take it on a test ride, etc.

I know there are companies that do this, but I'd rather pay somebody here, and actually would trust your word better.

I'm willing to pay you for your trouble.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
57 Posts
kodak TN

Dave, Kodak is near Knoxville. I'm near Cleveland. I think we have members close by. But for now, try to get pictures, make sure there is no damage history. Hope you have the Vin. And last make sure there is a undamaged clear title.
Oldkid

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks - This is the one I'm seriously considering - just seems like a great price. You can see it's been dropped - there are scratches on a mirror and the front fender. I asked the salesperson if he would trust it to go across country right now, and he said the 650 has been fully serviced and ready to go.

http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2007-Suzuki-Burgman-650-113030493

·
Registered
765 Posts
Db297,

Buyer beware! I watch CL very closely. Theses guys have adds on there on a regular basis. They always have a " to good to be true price " , IMO. Don't send them money online without somebody you know and trust sees it first hand. They may be Legit but ....
We do have a member or two in Knoxville.... Hopefully they'll post up.

Sirkitrider

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Db297,

Buyer beware! I watch CL very closely. Theses guys have adds on there on a regular basis. They always have a " to good to be true price " , IMO. Don't send them money online without somebody you know and trust sees it first hand. They may be Legit but ....
We do have a member or two in Knoxville.... Hopefully they'll post up.

Sirkitrider
Before this 650 was listed, the best deal for me was a 2005 with 7700 miles for $3500 - that seemed pretty "normal" based on all the others. Then I saw this, and it seems like it's a $1000 lower than it should be. That's why I'd like to have somebody look at it.

Thanks for the "heads up"

·
Registered
765 Posts
And I just looked at the ad..... Red flags... Why is there construction debris behind the scooter in pics? Why are there RV's in the background if the scooter is at a dealer? AND no legit dealer would sell a 2007 Burgman 650 with 10K for $2687 or whatever..... Run, dont walk, run away! IMHO. I have bought 5-6 bikes and a few vehicles off CL and eBay and have not been burnt yet.

Sirkitrider

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And I just looked at the ad..... Red flags... Why is there construction debris behind the scooter in pics? Why are there RV's in the background if the scooter is at a dealer? AND no legit dealer would sell a 2007 Burgman 650 with 10K for $2687 or whatever..... Run, dont walk, run away! IMHO. I have bought 5-6 bikes and a few vehicles off CL and eBay and have not been burnt yet.

Sirkitrider
Thanks Sirkit! I'm going to take your advice... as the saying goes "if it's too good to be true, it probably is"

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like I'm getting a 2012 650 Exec with 3500 miles on it. I do the paperwork tomorrow. :)

·
Registered
704 Posts
Looks like I'm getting a 2012 650 Exec with 3500 miles on it. I do the paperwork tomorrow. :)
Congrats! I have friends in your area so if you see a white '12 650 Burgman, wave!

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats! I have friends in your area so if you see a white '12 650 Burgman, wave!
Cool - sure will - I'm super psyched. I'm headed to Mt. Vernon to do the paperwork in about 5 minutes. Then I'm calling the shipping guy to get it to Richland Roadster in Florida. Then the worst part - I have to wait for the weather to warm up. That's alright though - it's going to be the best spring, summer & fall I've had for a long time. :)

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
David not trying to be nosy but I looked at Richland Roadsters web site and couldn't find prices. Would you be so kind to tell me what just the kit cost not installed?
Richland Roadsters web site.
http://www.richlandroadster.com/home.html

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
David not trying to be nosy but I looked at Richland Roadsters web site and couldn't find prices. Would you be so kind to tell me what just the kit cost not installed?
Richland Roadsters web site.
http://www.richlandroadster.com/home.html
It's $3590 - (it's on the home page) - He's charging me $70 to put it on, and appears that he's not charging any tax.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Oh man, I feel stupid now. Thank you. I looked all over the web site and I guess I went right past it on the first page.

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh man, I feel stupid now. Thank you. I looked all over the web site and I guess I went right past it on the first page.
I'm sure I've done the same :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts