Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently this battery operated 67hp motorcycles can go from 0-60mph in about 3 seconds. A little spendy, but fast. I first read about it in the new issue of AMA magazine. Check it out:

http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/zero-s/sr.php

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
These have been around for a couple of years, but they were having the same range problems that other electric vehicles were having. But last year they came up with a quick-charge replaceable battery system which is a big step from being a short-hop commuter to being an all-around bike.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Made In China, for sure Crafted in USA is one big Give a way!!

SORRY!!

·
Administrator
18,695 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Yea check this out

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
This is the same blop as the marketing blurb for every other electric "high-performance" vehicle. Sure, it can do 0 to 60 in 3.3 seconds once with fully charged batteries. The next time however (without a recharge) it does 0 to 60 in 4.5 seconds, and the next 0 to 60 in 7.4 seconds as the batteries drain--after that it becomes a real dog getting its wheels blown off by base model Corollas.

OTH an internal combustion engine powered vehicle capable of 0 to 60 in the sub 5 second range will do it every time until it runs out of fuel. And then you can fill it up in fewer than 3 minutes and do it some more...

·
Registered
1,664 Posts

·
Administrator
18,695 Posts
$19,890 USD if you order all the options on the S model.
$21,890 USD for the SR and all options. ($23,078 Canadian)

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I actually got to see them and ride one in a parking lot. They are quite peppy and fun and disturbingly quiet especially when stopped. But with a usable 40 miles between recharge it IS just a short commuter/errand bike. If the price was in the $4-5k range I would own one right now.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Anywhere is gets cold consistently (like, say most of Canada and good chunks of the USA & Europe) the battery life will suck too. Love the idea, seems almost there. They really need to partner with Toyota or another biggie to wrestle that cost down. Top of the range is almost as expensive as a Prius.

·
Administrator
18,695 Posts
First thought: not really needed on a 650.

Second thought: ...but it'd be perfect for a 200!
Rusty, I'd bet if you were to strip a 650 of all tupperware and install a proper designed full DustBin fairing it would go faster and farther on a gallon of gas. 100 MPG, nah, but 80 MPG maybe. The 400 would be better yet.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Rusty, I'd bet if you were to strip a 650 of all tupperware and install a proper designed full DustBin fairing it would go faster and farther on a gallon of gas. 100 MPG, nah, but 80 MPG maybe. The 400 would be better yet.
A 2013 650 with a dustbin might me able to use the whole scale of the 200 kph speedometer

1 - 14 of 14 Posts