Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if the Kymco 500 is any closer to release yet? With Kymco's reputation for quality, it may be a pretty nice machine. I was all ready to put money on the people 250 when my Burgman fell into my hands for $3000. Needless to say, I couldn't turn it down, but I still think the People 250 would have been a lot of fun.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I talked to Kymco USA earlier today. They still do not have a release date for the Xciting. He said it may even be as late as next spring!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Apparently Kymco is trying to get the bike California smog certified. Once it's Cal certified, the rest of the country is E-Z.

I don't know what the holdup is though; Kymco's been showing a bike nationwide for the last few months.

Kymco's losing sales. I originally wanted the 500, but when I couldn't get one I bought a Burgie instead. I'm glad I did, but it was a pricy choice!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Release date for Exciting 500

I talked to my dealer in Wheeling, West Virginia yesterday. He is pretty well tuned in to Kymco and scooters, in general and handles several brands including Yamaha. He was very aware of the Exciting 500 and indicated that he thinks it will be several months, though there has been no defininte announcement to dealers. He has been selling quite a few scooters of all types from the several brands he handles and cannot keep the Kymco 250 Grand Vistas in stock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts