Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
311 Posts
Just joined and I have a similiar problem. Had 2 hip replacements, cervical fusion of a couple of discs in my neck and lower back surgery, all in the last 10 years. Have not rode seriously in about 15 years. My wife got a Virago the first of the year and was disappointed that I had some difficulity riding her bike. She wants me to ride with her. Tried different bikes and biggest problem is throwing my leg over and handling weight over about 400 lbs.Went to the Suzuki dealer about 2 weeks ago and talked about my physical problem. He showed me the Burg 400 and I was impressed and it felt like it fit me. :lol: I know my doctors would have a cat if they knew,but I am going to ride again.

· Premium Member
311 Posts
Randy said:
Trikes are every bit as dangerous as two wheels. Same road hazards, traffic, and dumb crivers. Fast and even moderate turns are problematic on trikes, and you might make the argument that bikes are better and safer in turns.
All of what you say is true. But that's not the point. What do you do if you love to ride except holding a bike up not only becomes hard but also pain full. . So long as I am not a danger to anyone I want to ride. :)

I have considered holding up a bike being painfull and if it gets to be a problem, thought about adding a Voyager kit. I know they make them for Silverwings not sure about Burgmans. Only concern with the kit is having to back the bike up. Most of my problems have been peg location on most bikes, not able to ride for more than hour without getting off and walking around. I'm 6ft. and the 400 still felt alright. Wished someone nearby had one to ride for awhile.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.