Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be replacing the stock seat on my 650 with a Corbin tonight and was wondering if there is anything out of the ordinary to be watchful of when doing this.

Comments appreciated!!!

thanks
charles

·
Registered
43 Posts
Seat Removal

Super EZ, remove the two bolts from the shock at the seat, remove the seat lamp wire, then the four bolts at the front of the seat. Save all your hardware. Have someone help you installing the Corbin seat, its HEAVY, you can do it yourself but why? About one hour the first time.

Joe

·
Registered
409 Posts
joe couldn't have said it better. Easy.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Question about the seat lamp wire. Mine was soldered onto the light box and I couldn't get it completely off the seat without breaking them. I'd have to solder them on again- ultimately couldn't get the lamp through one of the "holes" in the plastic housing. Mine is a 400 so it may be different from a 650 seat. Just wondering for future reference if I get that Corbin myself.

Also, any places to get Corbins for cheap?

Jay

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Corbin Close comments

Worked like a charm, thanks!!!

Now for the Corbin close.

It moves me back a few inches, the leg room is nice but not sure how I like my arms being stretched out more and the different riding position.

The seat is heavy and the strut will only hold the seat up if i pull the seat and basically overextend the strut, and even then it will still fall down after 10 seconds. Any way to resolve this?

I now need to slam the seat closed pretty hard rather than gently pressing the OEM seat. Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution?

Like others say it is HARD!!!!

I'll need time to test it out and see if it is for me or not.

It gives the driver more room and the passenger less.

I now have to reconfigure the way I pack for camping trips since what I had will no longer fit on the passenger seat, or I'll have to remove the drivers backrest.

That said, it will all be worth it if I can stay in the seat for long trips, which for me is maybe a 4 hour ride to Daytona.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts