Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy is seriously looking at a used '03 with 6K miles on it. I've read most of the articles on this forum but can't recall any mention of particular problems with that year. Those of you with better memories help me out.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,076 Posts
I owned a 400 for about 3,000 miles and had no problems with it. I think it's a very dependable machine from what I read.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,385 Posts
Still have my 03 and at 17,000 miles aside from regular maintenance the parking brake leaver came off mine and about 3 other bikes on this forum.
A bit annoying but no big thing............. :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, thanks everyone. I may have been thinking of the bearing problem that some of the 650's had, or maybe the earlier '02 400's that had some sticking splines on the rear wheel before it was modified.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,296 Posts
ted clement said:
Ok, thanks everyone. I may have been thinking of the bearing problem that some of the 650's had, or maybe the earlier '02 400's that had some sticking splines on the rear wheel before it was modified.
The sticking splines were the X and Y models and pre the 3 bolt hub design - if that helps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,323 Posts
You didnt specify what size of Burgman you were seeking advice on. Any ways you were correct that some people have encountered bad wheel bearings. The problem is easily corrected and not really a big issue. I have an "03 650 and would'nt hesitate to buy another one if a deal came along.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,296 Posts
allwalk said:
You didnt specify what size of Burgman you were seeking advice on. .
Allan - I think it was 400 - they were the only ones with any history of rear wheels seizing onto the splines. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,278 Posts
Since the question is in the 400 forum, I'm guessing the question is about the 03 Burgman 400. As far as I know, there were no issues specific to the 03 model year. There were only minor cosmetic changes to the 04 models.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
553 Posts
Parking Brake handle

Randy said:
Still have my 03 and at 17,000 miles aside from regular maintenance the parking brake leaver came off mine and about 3 other bikes on this forum.
A bit annoying but no big thing............. :roll:
I just turned 1000 miles on my 400 and my parking brake handle came off also. I put some lock tight on the screw and put it back together and we'll see if it stays. :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,323 Posts
Ok,Ok I had a rough day the other day and wasn't paying attention. I didnt notice what thread it was posted under and the spline sticky thingy didnt register. :homework:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
496 Posts
burgman 400

Hello, what do you mean by the "rear wheels squeasing into splines"? Are you saying the wheels lock up?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,278 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top