Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of getting a Givi E52 Top box for my Burgman to gain more lockable storage. Though I am hearing that there may be a penalty in fuel economy with one of these. Since I won't need the additional lockable storage all the time, I figured I would just remove it from the mount when not needed. How does this mount look without the topbox? Also, can you strap stuff to it if need be? Any photo's would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank You Pauljo,
If the difference is that negligable, I'll probably just leave the top box on. It makes a great place to secure the helmet leaving room for heavier items down low under the seat.
I read your tests and they (along with many of your other posts) are very informative.
I ordered a Clearview screen yesterday. I'm 5'9, I wanted to look through the screen and I may carry a passenger in the future. Based on that and other info, they recommended an XXL so I ordered it. According to your tests, that is where I'll pay the penalty in economy. Because the stock screen is so loud on my helmet (Shoei RF1000) and I don't like bugs, I'm willing to deal with additional fuel consumption. Kind of like running the AC in the car on a miserably hot day. It costs, but your willing to pay because of the comfort. As for the reduced top end speed, that shouldn't be a problem because I doubt that I'll see sustained speeds of 100+ MPG. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pauljo,
I'll try to run a milage test before installing the new screen. I should have plenty of time to do it. I ordered the tinted screen and they said that they will have to produce it. So it will be several weeks before it arrives. Since I'm still practicing and learning this machine, my results may not be as consistant as yours. The RF1000 helmet is supposed to be a very quiet helmet. However, with the wrong angle of a windscreen, it makes it loud. It might be very quiet without windscreen but that would be very undesirable. I can say that the RF1000 is very comfortable and the ventilation on it is excellent. I like the fact I can "crack" the shield open to allow even more air in. Plus the silver is a real close match for my scooter! Overall I'm pleased with the Shoei. Unfortunately I couldn't find any RF900's to try out.
As I do mod's, I'll post them here and give a brief review. I've gotten a lot of help from this board and wouldn't mind returning the favor. After the windscreen, I'll do the Givi E52 top box. Though I'll have to wait a couple of paychecks to do it as I've spent a fair amount of money on this thing as is - having fun doing it but have to use moderation. Following that, I'm going to install XM satellite radio on the scoot. I'm still figuring out how to do it. Should be no problem as my previous job invovled engineering ways to integrate off the shelf stuff into military hardware. I'm still waiting to see how Jacvinsons sound system works out. When he sells them, I'll probably buy one and work the XM from there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts