Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if the high mileage bikes could respond and say
how there machine is doing. I get the impression that most of us
are riding machines with less than 20,000 miles on them.
Perhaps we could get a prize to the highest mileage bike. (LOL) :lol:

I'll start the post by saying I have 700 miles on my bike :lol:

Thanks in advance Craig

·
Registered
100 Posts

I have 10,000 in 10 months no problems until two weeks ago when I had a leak in my radiator. It has been in the shop since waiting for a new radiator to come in. Sure wish it would get here, I miss riding everyday. I am waiting for new tires they have been on backorder for about a month. The orginals are still not down to the wear indicators but 10,000 miles on a set of tires is good enough for me. I have been riding for 41 years and this is my favorite bike of all times. Hope they get some replacement parts pretty soon.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Angel has about 15K on her Burgy, we just completed a 10-11k trip to the west coast. See my post under road stories. The scooter performed flawlessly and averaged 50-55 mpg. The tires showing quite a bit of wear so have a set backordered from our local dealer. Apparently there is a month or so backorder time for tires.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I only have 12,000 kms on mine and still running as sweet as the day I got it. I am one of the lucky ones though with a set of spare tires sitting in my spare bedroom waiting for the day I need them.

·
Registered
969 Posts
7,700 miles in 4.5 months. I backed off quite a bit this last month or so. :) Everythings going quite well (bikewise :wink: ).

Steve

·
Registered
135 Posts
8500 daily commuting miles in 13 months.....no trouble as of yet unless u count the fixing of the dieseling noise. and still on first set of tires with about 2-3k miles left of tread.

·
Registered
857 Posts
4,000 miles in 7 months, but i've cut back to almost no riding with the high temps and occasional monsoons that have begun here in the desert. Bought my Frogg Toggs, but don't really want to test them in a full-blown monsoon!

Hoping for the fall/winter to arrive soon.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Montana

Ooh, I remeber riding a touring bike out through ARizona. The heat
was oppressive. Have you tried one of those wet vests for cooling?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have used a cooling vest and and a neck wrap. They really work in a dry climate where you can get full advantage of the evaporative cooling.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts