Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering other than the typical windscreens,top boxes and racks etc. Has anyone repainted or detailed there machine. I guess what I want to know is what have you done other than the above to personalize your machine? My best friend keeps joking with me about putting flames on my burger. Well I found some large detailing flames in the form of decals. I am currently in the process of putting these on. I will now have a Flame Broiled Burger....LOL. I'm also applying pinstripping to accent some of the Burgies lines. I will try and post pics when its done.
So tell me what you've done to set your Burger aside form everyone elses.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Customiseing my Burgman 400K3

Well have 900+ miles on the 400 now and had the seat recovered without the backrest for more room, (large person) am getting a GIVI windscreen cut down some and will install next week. I think then will fit me like a glove, love the scooter so far.

·
Registered
100 Posts
bodywork

so far i just put skootertrash on the rear fender & a 1st. cav. decal on the front fender. but i'm thinking flames & skulls & all that haloween stuff the harley guys put on thier bikes. one thing i've noticed since i got mine is that little kids are fascinated about it. i think that is cooler than any 80,000$ chopper.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
73 Posts
Flames and stripes

You definitely added some pazass to the scoot. What I can see of your
striping looks good. If I was to make one comment about the flames...
I would have brought the front fender flames all the way up to the
front edge of the fender and then trimmed off the excess...that way the
flames would look like they were erupting from the edge of the machine and therefore look more natural and not look like they were added on.
Again, this is just my opinion, and my opinion may be bogus...one man's
treasure is another man's trash and vice-versa. What I do to my scoot
I like, but others may not...such is life. I just enjoy doing "stuff" to it
just to set it apart from the crowd, and, hopefully look good too....so,
doit toit !!
Gib

·
Registered
11 Posts
customizing

I too thought the Burg needed a little something. Our local sign shop made flames for front fender and on each side of fairing running from the seat back...they are just decals and easily removable....young and old seem to approve. They are slightly darker silver than the factory silver so are not garish like orange and red. I also added a digital light that comes on when brake is applied to the back of the factory passenger back rest I purchased...makes a nice touch.
Would love to have self cancelling signals, and running lights in front turn signals but have not located any on the web sites other members suggested......Ride free

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello Allan,

when i click on your link i land up in a site showing pics of the Yamaha 400 at the Toronto Show??? ? ? ? ? ? Has the site changed since you first posted it?

I have put pin stripes on my 650 and a decal between the 2 rear lights written in Japanese which reads "never again a Harley". I often get asked "what do those squiggles mean" - hehe.

If i knew how to attach pictures or if we had a picture galaery i would put my pics there. How about it Admin?

Have a super weekend.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes sorry Bevan I had removed pics of my Burger some time ago. I'll see if I can put them back up.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Graphix

Hey Al I've ordered mine from CycleGraphics and they are on the way..I'll wait for the weather to warm up. I'm goin out in style this year.
I would love to see a photo of your graphics....

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi there Bob.
I decided I didn't like my current flames on my burger so I actually took them off. I'm in the process of ordering a flame kit from http://www.tapeworks.com/
I just havent decided what colour I want yet. I'm phoning tommorrow to see if they can send me a colour sample from the 2 kits I'm interested in. I'm looking at kit 5528d or 5528e. I think they should compliment the bike well.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Graphix

Al:
Speaking of graphics.... I like the Burgman logo you use at the bottom.... I would like to have that on the back of my jacket.
Have you seen Lonnie Stivers Burgman? All decked out... I've got the same Givi stuff on order for mine. And I'll be welding up a side-case mount simular to his. My 2003 is Blue and the flames I ordered are red-orange -yellow... they are reuseable peel off so if I don't like them I'll use them somwhere else. In order to post photos you have to link them ..so they have to be online..None of my photos are online. So I hope they set up that feature on this site soon....
We have 12" of snow here...so the Burger's under it's cover for the winter :(

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Bob!
If you go to Yahoo you can create your own free web page. Then you can upload pics to it and post the link for it so the rest of us can see.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I tried but I couldn't peek. The link didn't work for me, even after I signed into yahoo.

I contacted tapeworks this afternoon and they are sending me colour samples so I can make an educated choice.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Pin striping

I got a famous "local" pinstriper to customize my AN650. A little on the expensive side, but, what the heck, it's just my kids inheritance !! I have a great FM and MP3 player sound system. Trottle lock, soft grips, soft lever grips, Utopia backrest, inexpensive rear trunk, Givi windshield, brake light modulator, LED license plate frame, and turn signal minder unit to auto/cancel my turn signals, so that no one will turn out in front of me. I want to add louder horns.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: Pin striping

RAY ANDERSON said:
I got a famous "local" pinstriper to customize my AN650. A little on the expensive side, but, what the heck, it's just my kids inheritance !! I have a great FM and MP3 player sound system. Trottle lock, soft grips, soft lever grips, Utopia backrest, inexpensive rear trunk, Givi windshield, brake light modulator, LED license plate frame, and turn signal minder unit to auto/cancel my turn signals, so that no one will turn out in front of me. I want to add louder horns.
Would love to see some pics Ray. Try and upload some for us please.

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Ray,
I PM you with your name and password for the photo gallery. Hope you are able to take a few photos to share.
-Bryan

·
Registered
319 Posts
Looks great!

Nice job on the flames!
My wife's 400 has a graphic from Decalzone.com, and
lettering on the back that says "SCOOTZILLA".
That never fails to get a laugh.
Bill

1 - 20 of 27 Posts