Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey There,

I just bought a Burgman via ebay that is in Iowa. Unfortunately I am in SW Washington state. :(

The person who we figured would transport it for us is laid up with truck issues and can't get it to us until the end of July. I am too much of a kid to wait. :(

Does anyone know of a reliable and inexpensive transportation company?

:?:
Thanks

Anxious to ride the roads. 8)

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
There are a lot of good movers out there, in fact I would bet the page on EBay were you bought your bike lists at least one.. Good luck
If you are a rider you could go get it :)

·
Registered
13,278 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
For a small but unreasonable fee, I could probably be talked into:

Taking a bus or rented car to the bike in Iowa. :cry:
Riding your new bike to your home. :lol: :p 8)
Flying back to my home. :cry:
You paying for the bus/rental, the gas, my food on the trip, and my ticket home.

Some problems:

Bike needs a license and insurance to be ridden legally.
I'll have all the fun riding your bike for those first few hundred miles.
I can't leave home until they've finished building my new deck. It should be done by now but several mistakes and late ordering of supplies have pushed the finish date back a few more weeks. :cry:

Oh well, t'would have been fun!

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I bought mine in AZ and had it shipped up to me in KY by JC Motors, 1260 Logan Ave. Costa-Mesa, CA 92626 voice (714) 557 2558 fax (714) 557 5404 http://www.motorcycleshippers.com .

They ship via North American Van Lines, have near realtime tracking capabilities via thier website & call 24 hrs before pickup & delivery. No disassembly required, it was palletized & strapped down with a cover (which I got to keep the straps & cover as part of the the deal). The bike was inspected & pics taken at the packing depot ( pics by the previous owner, not the carrier).

When it was delivered, they came to me & dropped it off at my house. Before they let me sign for and take the bike they inspected it again against the shipping manifest to make sure there was no damage other than what was already there (in my case one small scratch behind the seat that I had to look for to find, they are very thorough). The driver & his helper were very courteous, and would not let me help to unload it, they did everything themselves, by the numbers. They didn't even complain when I requested that they haul off the pallet (which was mine too, but what am I going to do with an oversized motorcycle pallet?).

I have to say that the only wrinkle I found in the whole process was they took about 3 extra days to get it here than I had anticipated, & that was strictly a scheduling issue between truck in & truck out to here & an intervening weekend.

The cost for all of this was right at $700. I know it sounds like a lot, but when it was over I certainly felt it was money well spent, they did that good a job. The cost varies by distance & location. They have a full cost chart on thier website so you know, up front, what it's going to cost. No tacked on fees or hidden charges.

I would suggest that they are least worth checking out. They made me happy & I'm one picky SOB!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update

Hey Folks,

Thanks for the suggests. But it seems that the truck got fixed early and is now off to Iowa. Since the driver is a long time bike rider, he can do a looksee of the burgman before taking it back. But in case something comes up, I will surely look at the alternative that you folks offer.

As for flying out and riding back, just started a new contracting job and I can't schedule the time to get out there right now.

Thanks

Bob

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
I just read in an issue of "Robb Report Motorcycling" magazine that Fedex is shipping bikes. The link given was: http://www.customcritical.fedex.com It went on to say ..."Aimed at the rider who wishes to use his own motorcycle on vacation or at a national motocycle meet, but cannot spare the time for the ride there and back, the new Fedex service will have the bike waiting on site, fueled, and ready to go.."
hth,
pete

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts