Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Best antifog for NOT my helmet visor but for my Wiley X sunglasses? Those Wiley puppies are expensive so I need an antifog that won't damage the lenses in any way. Thanx!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
Liquid dishwashing soap. The glycerine in the dishwashing soap to cut grease, is the same active ingredient in most anti-fog products.

Put some on your fingers. Smear it on. Let it dry. Take a clean cloth and polish it off.

Chris

·
Premium Member
8,136 Posts
bear poop, a thin layer of bear poop, and I know it works cause I have never seen a bear with a foggy "bottom" might have a problem with gnats though

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
mikeyMarine said:
bear poop, a thin layer of bear poop, and I know it works cause I have never seen a bear with a foggy "bottom" might have a problem with gnats though
No No No....Not Bear Poop :roll: Use Cat Crap! :thumbup:

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
I have a bottle...several years old now...of RainX Anti-Fog liquid. When I had my Nolan N-102, I treated half the visor with the RainX Anti-Fog and the other half with the liquid dishwashing soap. I couldn't tell the difference. Both worked well. And around here in Seattle, we have enough humidity that especially in this kind of weather, you need something.

It would be interesting if those of you with other "anti-fog" products would try the same thing, then report back. If you do, be as descriptive as possible please.

Chris

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mike337 said:
DandyDoug said:
Best thing i have found is to use a pin lock insert .
What are they? I keep hearing about them. I looked them up and it appears to be another shield?
It's an inner visor that mounts on your existing shield; it works like double-pane glass to prevent fogging. I have them on my Nolan helmets, and find them to be very effective, even down to the 25-30 degrees that I commute in.

However, it doesn't solve the issue of foggy glasses that the OP referred to :( The Clarity product mentioned above (in the WebBikeWorld review) is a good solution for that. Between them, we can all have clear riding ahead... :thumbup:

·
Registered
515 Posts
To help with the foggy glasses problem even using a pin lock visor, I simply crack the outer visor open a very small amount and let some air in , untill my glasses stop fogging , then close the outer visor. I'm not sure if this will work in below freezing temps, since i don't ride then but take the car.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I'm having a real hard time with fogging glasses this winter! For snowmobiling I use a neoprene half mask and it seems that my breath will go straight up the sides of my nose and exit right underneath my glasses, creating fog. I even have a fan in my goggles, which seems to work a little, but kind of gimmicky. I need a mask or balaclava that form fits to seal around the bridge of my nose.
I tried some anti-fog cloths that seemed to work in some 'in house tests', but I'll be ordering the anti-fog reviewed and mentioned above. (Clarity de-fog)
Darn glasses! :(

·
Premium Member
8,136 Posts
I know most of us have been around since before dirt was invented and bifarkles are not a matter of choice but of necessity, but Tom was looking for something for his Very Expensive sunglasses, like maybe he can still see unaided (like we all claim) for those few of us (ahem) who can , sort of, and aren't adverse to carrying around reading glasses, Lasik surgery is great for not fogging ! I had it done when it was in it's infancy and was expensive, about $2000.00 per eye and it was the best money I ever spent , well maybe not the third eye (jk)
not for all but if it's for you it's almost a miracle, and Tom will have the fogging answer for your sunglasses, bear crap

1 - 15 of 15 Posts