Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personal plates are nice, lots of bikes have them.
But I was thinking about getting a Handicap plate, not so much for general parking while shopping, a scooter fits almost anywhere and no one seems to mind ( if it's not in the way).
However when I go into town I won't have to worry about "feeding the meters" and the local state park I use would let me in with out a second look (or charge).
The trouble is, don't you think it looks kind of "funny" being on a scooter with Handicap plates :?:

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Negative.

·
Registered
30,277 Posts
Randy,

Doesn't look any funnier than me getting off my Burgman 400 and using a walking stick.

·
Registered
497 Posts
You don't need to actually be in a wheel chair to qualify for a handicap card. I've seen bikers with prosthetic legs. My father two new hips. ..another biker friend has one lung and cancer, he's handicapped and he rides a FJR1300 130mph down back roads!
If you qualify, do it.

·
Registered
250 Posts
DonRich90 said:
...As long as you are qualified for the handicapped tag by your state motor vehicle office - don't worry about what others think...
Hear! Hear!

A fried of mine has a favourite saying: "The only cripples are those who think that the disabled cannot ride a motorcycle."

Go for it!

·
Registered
88 Posts
actually, that may be the best way to get people to quit thinking of the physically challenged as "handicaps",go for it and do it with pride!

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
An awful lot of folks assume that a handicapped parking permit indicates a person with a mobility issue. In fact, heart and lung ailments are also covered.

If you qualify for the permit, why not use it? I'm way too old to worry what other people think. Wish I could have embraced that viewpoint earlier in my life. Makes things so much easier.

Madonna

·
Registered
925 Posts
Go for it Randy. I know I have considered doing the same thing for the past several years.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stormsteed wrote
However, your post kind of points to the plates being used more for convenience.. i.e. avoid feeding the meter, etc.
I wish it were so :!: But your right my post does sound that way.
I think it sounds that way because my brain refuses to except the realty of the situation :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts