Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yup, im the new guy !. that being said, i have a new to me 400 and im looking to get some used accessories for it. i like to buy used stuff as it helps out two people. my suggestion is to have a "for sale" section that is divided just a tad bit more to separate whole bikes from just parts....there is a slew of whole bikes for sale and its tedious wading past all them as im looking for just random good deals.

what about a subforum separated by state so that folks in a more localized area can communicate as a sub group for rides and such.

also, is there a way for the OP to delete his thread once the post is dead ?

finally, would love to see this forum available on TAPATALK like a few of the other forums im involved in.

thanks for listening

Gary

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
nitrogary said:
...what about a subforum separated by state so that folks in a more localized area can communicate as a sub group for rides and such.

also, is there a way for the OP to delete his thread once the post is dead ? ...Gary
You've got some good ideas, and thanks for the suggestions. Perhaps the new owners of the forum will take notice and make the changes.

What I've done for communicating for rides, is two-fold. One, I look for the location in the user's profile. If I spot someone from the Seattle area, I try to keep track of that for when I do decide to ride. Unfortunately, more and more people (like yourself ;) :shock: ) have chosen to leave that blank.

The other thing I do, is to start a thread in the section on Rallies and Gatherings with the location of the ride and date. Here's an example. "Mt. Baker and Heather Meadows Ride - Sunday, June 26th". viewtopic.php?f=13&t=53179&p=495648#p491329 Anyone in this area will know whether they live within riding distance of Mt. Baker or not and respond.

And when the ride is finished, I'll start a thread in the Road Trip section with pictures.

As for deleting threads, we don't do that. The past history is then searchable and people can learn by reading that.

Chris

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the quick reply....i thought i put in my location when i was registering...i will take care of that now.

·
Administrator
394 Posts
Would it be better to do this by state or by region or group a few states together?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Admin said:
Would it be better to do this by state or by region or group a few states together?
That's a tough one, Dwain. Thing is, some regions will be more active than others. It's hard to predict. One person who takes on the chore of being an organizer can make a group ride happen. And consider that we have active participants in Europe, Australia and various parts of Asia ... I'm not sure that regional subforums will be viable. A whole bunch of unused subforums does not sound like a good idea to me.

What people do in the Rallies and Gatherings forum, and sort of works: just use an event's thread as a subforum of sorts. You don't have to read the whole forum, just look in on that thread.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
There is no need for any further sub forums, or subdivisions. I can see how it is superficially attractive but it would very soon become cumbersome.

As for the classifieds it works fine as long as the title entered is clear and the mods clear out the sold items to the archive - when the seller tells us the sale is complete.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts