Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First scooter in 40 years, I have had many bikes but I think the time has come to relax a little. the bikes seem to get heaver every year...will be picking up my new (read used 2003) this week a 400, looked at the Reflex but I think the Burgman is a better deal--time will tell. :)

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Hey there Randy and welcome to the forum. Good luck with your 400.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Soon to be new owner - Burgman 650

Hi all,

Having negotiated with my pillion (read wife) to buy a Burgman, despite the impending winter, as soon as we return from a much needed holiday, I'll be turning up to the bike store and dropping a cheque on his counter.

I took a demonstrator bike for a ride last week, and was blown away by the smoothness, pick up and effortlessness of the "scooter" as my mates were disparagingly calling it. While they all poo-pooed the idea of going for a run on the machine, they all want to have a ride after I've bought it.

I might even let them...

My only criticism of Suzuki Australia is the incredibly wide diversity of models and colours available here for the AN650 (Silver). That's it, silver, and no Executive within cooee. I for one would prefer ABS, after all, a futuristic bike should have the additional safety of an advanced braking system. But what the hey, I save 6 kilos (13lbs).

Having seen posts of, and read the reports in Gizmo of the G-Strider, I really believe Suzuki are ahead of the pack with the future of motorcycling.

Nice to part of the team, might see you on the road in the near future.

Cheers,

Bob

·
Registered
969 Posts
Bob, the brakes don't get used much anyway. Enjoy! 8)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts