Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In laws are Harley folk, won a Burgman 650 years back, been in their garage ever since :) They just wont ride it cause its a scooter.
They are semi permanently loaning it to me.

Canada Nanaimo Vancouver Isl

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Welcome once they see you ride it with them they will know what they have missed out on. ;)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Their loss is your gain!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Brilliant and another Canuck...welcome. When they see you carve the twists and run away they'll know.
That Power button is magic and have you ever got the area to make good use .:smilebox:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
While its repugnant to me that some one won't ride a Bugrman 650 just because its a scooter, their pride is your windfall. Just don't ride it around them... They'll want it back. :D

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanx lol, I am happy :) plan to use it to commute to work and to take my daughter to her BMX events. Gota figure out how to make a small trailer to tow her bike and gear on.

This will save me ferry and fuel cost like crazy!

Does anyone have a link to an owners manual? Would like to read up on it as its not a standard bike, CVT ABS etc lots of extra buttons to figure out how to get along with/make use of.
2010 Canuk 650

I have been riding bikes since I was 7yo and have put hundreds of thousands of KM on hundreds of different models of bikes, but this is a little different, not Leary mind you just want to do it right.

Anyone know of a DIY trailer hitch plans? I can weld etc so like to DIY as much as possible.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Are you guys using the power button at all ? I almost never use it, that does look so much powerful already without touching it. Only time I tested the sound did seem way too high rpm beam to me.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
The power button is brilliant in the twists but not around town...engine braking can be ferocious.
But if some rider thinks you are on a slow bike, hit the Powerbutton when you are stopped and then nail it....you will surprise the **** out of most bikes and your self.

It's designed as a "sport riding" feature....and it is.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Picked up bike yesterday and trucked it home, hard to work out where to strap it :( did not like the plastic wrapped bars giving no place for front straps.
but worked something out. Is there some pointers someone could give me if I need to truck it again? The owners manual was in a compartment I did not know of, so worked out most and took it around the block, odd feeling compared to a bike. Fun But odd. My kids cant reach the passenger foot boards :( and kid friendly ideas for putting wee ones on the back? I was thinking of making some foot towers and mounting them down there, maybe something exists? some way to raise the hand holds a few inches?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
time to move to the actual questions forum :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts