Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Evening...

First off I guess is Me...My name is Roland and I live in Winter Garden, Florida...just outside of Orlando and Mickey Rat (OOOPS! DisneyWorld }:~D).

I'm a Chocolatier though I'm taking a 9 month Break and am Slowing Down. I'm 48 and reached the end of being a Workaholic.

I lurked on this site for about two weeks after finding out about the Burgmans...I was thinking of a Vespa but am going to want a Sidecar in the future and the Burgman can handle it...and Vespa doesn't supply them anymore...Texas Sidecar makes one that bolts straight to the Burgman...how lucky can I get???

Well last Friday (Thanks to mostly favorable posts on this site!!) I went out and bought an '03 400. Final paperwork should be done in a day or two and I scheduled my picking it up for this coming Thursday the 14th.

Usual things about a used item...scratches on the "drivers" side...it had been allowed or somehow got dropped...though its not crash damage...and not really noticable unless you get close to it...seems to have the large windshield and is silver.

It IS a REPO with only 150 miles on it and only has one key...however after going through the post about lost keys I went to the Dealers Service department yesterday and said I wanted a Shutter with the 4 Magnetec key tops...4 key blanks..and price with Install...dealer quoted $350 total.

I expect some other things need to be done but the Key part I new about before buying and factored it into the price.

Got it for $3995...$4300 with Tax/Tag/Title out the door...$3000 less than the Dealer quoted for an '05...and Dealer wouldn't work with me at all..."Not much Profit in Scooters" was the reason...MSRP is the price and if you don't want to pay that Go Away.

So anyway thats the Basics about me and what's going to be my new Ride.

Yours,

~ Roland (Brother Orchid)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pauljo said:
Roland,

Welcome to BurgmanUSA. The $3000 you saved will fix a lot of scratches, and then some! Enjoy the 400.
Thanks Paul...

I know there was room for the Dealer to work with on the Price...Plus they charge $300 "Set Up" as well as $400 Freight in addition to Tax/Tag/Title...and several other dealers on http://www.cycletrader.com had the same Burgman for around $500-$800 under MSRP with LOWER Freight/Set Up fees.

The main Suzuki Dealer here is also the Honda Dealer and they just don't seem to care whether they sell something to you or not. The place is always jammed with people buying Bikes or ATV's or Accessories.

I mean I sat at the salesmans desk Fanning myself with stack of $100 bills as he drooled all over himself and the General Manager STILL wouldn't budge of MSRP.

~ Roland

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums Roland. Glad to have you come out of 'lurk mode' and join us. Congratulations on the 'Pre-Loved' Burgman 400. if you're thinking of a sidecar rig for your Burgman, you might look at this post :

http://burgmanusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6416

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
billmeek said:
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums Roland. Glad to have you come out of 'lurk mode' and join us. Congratulations on the 'Pre-Loved' Burgman 400. if you're thinking of a sidecar rig for your Burgman, you might look at this post :

http://burgmanusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6416
Thanks Bill...

Thats pretty much the particular Sidecar I was interested in though I am looking for one that is Modified into a Cargo Box.

I have been reducing my "Job" as you may call it and right now am in the middle of about a 9 month "Sabbatical" and will probably just start doing only Chocolate Fountains if I go back to that.

A Sidecar with a Cargo Box should carry everything I need for a Function...since I only provide the Fountain and the Chocolate..and my Happy Butt tending it...someone else has to provide the things you dip in the Chocolate.

If you want an Idea of what a Chocolate Fountain is look at the Gallery here: http://www.chocolatefountainsales.com

I just wish the Burgman came in colors other than Silver or Blue..and the Red Type S don't cut it either...

~ Roland

·
Registered
305 Posts
Roland,
First off let me welcome you to the forum. It is always a pleasure to find someone that lives this close by.
I live in Ocoee & own a Silver Burgman 650. I have been on forum quite a while & have met one other person with a Burgy that lived in Ocoee. However I've been seeing a lot more scooters in the area lately, so the numbers are growing.
For those of you not familiar with the area, Winter Garden & Ocoee are almost 1 town they are so close togeather.
Once again Welcome !

Butch

·
Registered
55 Posts
Roland,
Welcome to Burg-land. There is no other machine like it. You will find that this site wll give you access to lots of aftermarket stuff. My Burg. 650 is my first bike. What I have discovered, to my delight, is that there is a wonderful world of bikers and biking that I had never known before. I am leaving with a follow biker on Tuesday, July 12 for a two day trip from Greenville, NC to Manteo, NC, then down the outerbanks to Ocracoke (Blackbeard's port) and then back to Beaufort, NC and across the sound to the historic town of Bath, NC and then back to Greenville. It's not a great marathon but a rather slow meandering through the history of eastern North Carolina. A Burgy is perfect for that.
Another happy for you will come at the gas pump - especially with today's gas prices. Last fall I made a 580 mile trip into the mountains of western Virginia. I used almost 11 gal. of gas on that one.
While I bought the bike for recreation, I find I am able to drive to work (a 30 mile one way trip) two days a week. My poor Jeep thinks she has been abandoned.
Look forward to hearing more from you in the future. Enjoy

Canon :hello2:

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi Roland, welcome to the forum and congrats on your astute purchase.

I will be interested to hear how the burger performs with the sidecar.

So is the idea that you have the chocolate fountain operating in the sidecar, a tadge unfair I think, but I suppose it keeps the greedy varmints from lingering too long and scooping up too much chocolate. :wink:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NormanB said:
Hi Roland, welcome to the forum and congrats on your astute purchase.

I will be interested to hear how the burger performs with the sidecar.

So is the idea that you have the chocolate fountain operating in the sidecar, a tadge unfair I think, but I suppose it keeps the greedy varmints from lingering too long and scooping up too much chocolate. :wink:
LOL!!!

Thanks for the Welcome...

The idea will be using it as a "Company Vehicle"....as transport for me and the Fountain along with the other general items needed.

It also has the advantage of being easy on fuel and insurance costs and even with a hack should be easily parkable...much more so than say a Van..

However this is where the lack of Color Choices comes into play...I would REALLY like a Shiny Brown and don't relish the idea of paying to have the Burgman and Sidecar Painted...an Expensive Annoyance.

~ Roland

·
Registered
355 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the excellent deal on the AN400!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts