Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Walmart on the 400 today and everything photographed including the queen size blanket fit under the seat or in my GIVI 46 liter trunk. The blue jug with the black top was my ice water and fits in the right side of the glove compartment. The suspension seems to feel more planted with a nice load. The only casualty was one of my Vienna breads were slightly mushed.

And yes I have a sweet tooth. Nice haul!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
Are you making Hershy Bar Sandwiches with a side order of Carmel Corn?

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I melt the chocolate on top of the Fancy Feast! Actually a lot of items are hard to find with the Covid 19 and I loaded up today on the cat food flavors.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
I melt the chocolate on top of the Fancy Feast! Actually a lot of items are hard to find with the Covid 19 and I loaded up today on the cat food flavors.
You know this already, but keep chocolate away from cats and dogs, it's toxic to them (cats won't normally seek it out, though).
That said, your cat(s) is(are) well provided for -- fortunate feline(s)!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Been there, done that, and oh the looks I get in the Walmart parking lot. One guy actually waited around to see if I could fit everything under the seat and in the top box, and was astounded when I did.

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
Been there, done that, and oh the looks I get in the Walmart parking lot. One guy actually waited around to see if I could fit everything under the seat and in the top box, and was astounded when I did.
During Covid I don’t bag my groceries until I get home.....you can really pack the belly if your pack it like a suitcase. But as a precaution always use the small carts 🛒.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haul of the day. Three 6 packs of Pepsi, three gallons of water, 2 gallons of ice tea, three bags of chips, cauliflower, meatloaf and 4 packs of raspberries. I guess this is what I like best about my Burgman.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Almost unfriended you after seeing the Pepsi...but then I saw the BBQ Lays and you redeemed yourself. Lol.

Kind of reminds me when I had my '87 Civic hatchback. We would go camping and take pretty much everything you could imagine. I would fill up the living room with stuff, then lay down the back seat and load it up in that little car. And usually still had some space to see out over the top. Of course, that was just two people, didn't work after we had a kid.

Reactions: Uncle Fester

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know it looks like a weird combination but everything was on sale today.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
Hey Uncle I thought about you this week.....Amazon just reintroduced their Fresh Service to my neighborhood again and they offered me $10 off $35 with free ship. So I needed some Lemon Pledge to do a test on a Burgman Clean and some Wrights Liquid Smoke for my first attempt of Cajun Red Beans and Andouille Sausage in a new Insta-Pot .

So they delivered in two hours and packed three of my deli items in three different 18”x18’’ Freezer Envelops....looks like the aluminum space blankets with the little air bubbles that a normal store would charge $2-$4 for.

I thought I might line the top half of my Givi Top Box with one and just lay the other two in the bottom for padding and future use.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Uncle Fester do you park on the sidewalk when shopping at WM? I see that a lot around here.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Uncle Fester do you park on the sidewalk when shopping at WM? I see that a lot around here.
Last couple of times I have at Albertsons since it is so freaking hot here and it is in the shade. I don't at Walmart since they have reserved motorcycle parking right by the handicapped. .

Also the fresh service isn't as fun as driving my Burgman.

Reactions: Rusty J and 808

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
Also the fresh service isn't as fun as driving my Burgman.

Yes, I hear you about Burgman Grocery Getting ..... We have a Randall’s Grocery and they have a very similar receipt to your Albertsons ..... Thanks to their rewards program I was able to fill the p/u truck with $0.65 cent gas all thanks to my Burgman Grocery Getting.

I was just thinking those free thermal bags will come in handy bringing home frozen food and chocolates.

P.S.
Keep an eye out Black Friday for an Insta-Pot or Crockpot Pressure Cooker ..... They make cooking in the summer cool.

Reactions: Uncle Fester

·
Registered
274 Posts
I got these bags a few years ago at Ollies. It just happens to be almost exactly the same size as the Burgman 400 storage. I use that when I go shopping at Aldi, and a few other places. Then, I can just put the bag under the seat without really needing to repack anything. And I can usually get the better half of a week's groceries without any problems.

Which is REALLY unfortunate. I have to keep coming up with new excuses to take the bike out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts